tailstock restoration --split clamp removal

HI Group

Am trying to restore and older (1960's) Clausing lathe. I have removed handle, the tailstock ram, left hand lead screw (after 12 hours in an electrolysis bath).

I am now trying to remove the tailstock "clamping" lever and the split clamp(s?) inside the tailstock housing. The clamp lever screws right off. But the actual split clamps are still frozen.

Any one have an idea for a puller or something to remove the split clamps? One cannet to get to the split clamp from below / underneath the tailstock housing... they don't protrude to the bottom, so they have to be removed from the top. Try to pound them out from the inside??

I would like to really clean/lube prior to repainting/reassembly....

Thanks

Steve

Reply to
Steve Koschmann