Taper Lock Timing Pulley

I was just getting ready to put a machine back in service, but I had changed the diameter of the end of the Y axis ball screw. I thought
about making a splits sleeve to go between the old taper bushing and the new shaft diameter, but the taper bushing also brake at the thin section that holds the two halves together. Yeah I know if I can hold it together while I position everything it will still clamp down just as firmly, but holding everything together is a huge pain. Then I thought I could just make a new taper bushing. I thought about it for a minute and decided to try to look up the part number and see what it would cost to just replace. Maybe even find one that matches the new shaft diameter. Found the pulley on the Gates website, then the series of taper bushings that match the pulley. Then how they denote shaft size. Maybe 5 minutes since I didn't know exactly what the names were when I started looking. Finally found the taper bushing on Amazon with a bore to match the new shaft diameter for a little over $9 including sales tax delivered in two days for free. I can wait two days and save a heck of a lot more than $9 worth of my time. I have 4 other CNC Mills in service. Having this one down for another two days won't kill me.
Bob La Londe wrote:

WOW, these things used to be pretty expensive. I can't believe you can get them NEW for $9!
Jon
"Jon Elson" wrote in message
Bob La Londe wrote:

WOW, these things used to be pretty expensive. I can't believe you can get them NEW for $9!
Jon
********
To be fair I am just getting a new taper bushing. Not the whole pulley.