tapping threads in hardened holes

I need to tap a thread in a blind hole, the hole is the correct diameter but I assume it's hardened. The tap will not start at all. Any suggestions?

thanks

Simon

Reply to
Simon Mustey

"I need to tap a thread in a blind hole, the hole is the correct diameter but I assume it's hardened. The tap will not start at all. Any suggestions? "

either anneal the part & run a tap in or send it out to an edm shop. I frequently burn threads into hardened die components.

Reply to
Wwj2110