The economy -- are we replacing or repairing?

You make it sound as if that's all it has turned into over the years. Wake up.

It is now being used as reverse discrimination. Numbers of minorities (and women) now have first choice over grants, loans, and jobs which should go to the best skilled person, regardless of race or gender. We white boys are now members of the very last minority on Earth to be discriminated against.

-- It takes as much energy to wish as to plan. --Eleanor Roosevelt

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Ah, yes, a member of The P.L.L.C.F. reveals itself. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Wrong again...but you're certainly free to keep guessing. ;-)

Reply to
Mr. Grumpypants

If it quacks like a duck, it must be trolling. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

First you accuse me of being a member of the PLLCF, whatever that is. Then I'm a trolling duck.

When people realize they're wrong, they often resort to childish tactics like name calling.

Reply to
Mr. Grumpypants

No, actually in many cases it IS true - in the workplace for sure. MANY jobs are advertised and they might as well put right on the add "white males need not apply" Particularly in government regulated businesses - and government/civil service jobs.

A friend years ago when the Seagrams Distillery in Waterloo closed down, was looking for a job. He was a BIG BOY - about 310 and 6'4", and bald as a billiard ball On the application was the question "are you a member of a visible minority?" He answered yes and got an interview - The interviewer was taken aback, and asked why he answered "yes" to the visible minority question. He answered that he was a hardworking, intelligent, unemployed white male, so was in the minority, and at 6'4" and 310 , and "shiny" he was DEFINITELY visible!!

Reply to
clare

OK "Mr. Grumpypants", have it your way. I'll never call you names again. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Years ago I read of an engineer who had his name legally changed to a Hispanic surname so he could get a job. Before that, his resumes with his outstanding qualifications were always tossed. After his resumes were edited by changing to the new name, he was swamped with job offers. o_O

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I may try that. Sounds like a grande idea.

Kreestoffer A. Chungo Learn more about Jesus (my compadre... mows me lawno)

.

Years ago I read of an engineer who had his name legally changed to a Hispanic surname so he could get a job. Before that, his resumes with his outstanding qualifications were always tossed. After his resumes were edited by changing to the new name, he was swamped with job offers. o_O

TDD

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Kelly Sedey had one wish, to get a new job. Then one day while on an interview she got her dream job offer! She accepted. When she got home, she noticed on her computer she had e-mail. She checked it, the usual stuff from her friends, but then she saw one that she had never gotten before. It was this chain letter. She deleted it without even reading it all. BIG MISTAKE! Her luck would change for the worse. Later that evening, she received a phone call from her new employer! She was fired. When she hung up the phone, her dog died.

Reply to
Jack Hammer

In article , The Daring Dufas wrote: Theer w>

There was a white firefighter in New England (some reason I think Boston, but don't hold me to it) that sued the Department. He was Hispanic (he could trace his family back to Spain) but he did not get his Captaincy (despite scoring higher on the exams) because of the extra points that were awarded. He sued, demanded the "hispanic" points, and got them as well as his Captains bars. Illustrative of the fact that AA does occur and that government can write really poor regs.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

While waiting to board my flight at the Sky Harbor airport in Phoenix, an itty-bitty TSA agentette tapped me on the shoulder and asked: "Excuse me sir, but could I get you to do me a favor?"

I looked down at her, slowly shook my head, and said: "I'm sorry, I can't. I'm married."

TSA does NOT have a sense of humor.

Anyway, speaking of "ticking off the boxes," TSA selected four passengers for "additional random screening."

The picked me, a senior white male, a senior black male, an young Oriental woman, and a young Hispanic male with a goatee.

Boxes ticked.

Continuing with the story, we four stood against the wall while a different agentette prowled through the Hispanic guy's computer (looking for bomb making recipes?). I said to him, soto voice, "You know, you look more like a terrorist than the rest of us, so ix-nay on any funny business!"

The computer-prowling agentette looked and admonished me by saying: "There's no such thing as what a terrorist looks like!" To which I responded, "There damn sure is; they're Middle Eastern males with names like Achmed al-BoomBoom. Didn't you get the memo?"

That earned me another talking-to.

Oh well. Screw 'em.

Reply to
HeyBub

Virus Alert !!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you receive an e-mail with a subject of Badtimes, delete it immediately WITHOUT READING IT. This is the most DANGEROUS e-mail virus ever.

It will rewrite your hard drive and scramble any disks that are even close to your computer. It will recalibrate your freezer's coolness setting so all your ice cream melts. It will demagnetize the strips on all your credit cards, screw up the tracking on your VCR, and use subspace field harmonics to render any CDs you try to play unreadable.

It will give your ex-boy/girlfriend/ex-husband/wife your new phone number. It will mix antifreeze into your fishtank. It will drink all your beer and leave its socks out on the coffee table when company comes over. It will put a kitten in the back pocket of your good suit and hide your car keys when you are late for work.

Badtimes will make you fall in love with a penguin. It will give you nightmares about circus midgets. It will pour sugar in your gas tank and shave off both your eyebrows while dating your current boy/girlfriend behind your back and billing the dinner and hotel room to your Visa card.

It moves your car randomly around parking lots so you can't find it. It will tease your dog. It will leave strange messages on your boss's voicemail in your voice. It is insidious and subtle. It is dangerous and terrifying to behold. It is also a rather interesting shade of mauve.

Badtimes will give you Dutch Elm disease. It will leave the toilet seat up. It will make a batch of methamphetamine in your bathtub and leave bacon cooking on the stove while it goes out to chase high school kids with your snowblower.

These are just a few of the signs. Be very, very afraid!

.

Kelly Sedey had one wish, to get a new job. Then one day while on an interview she got her dream job offer! She accepted. When she got home, she noticed on her computer she had e-mail. She checked it, the usual stuff from her friends, but then she saw one that she had never gotten before. It was this chain letter. She deleted it without even reading it all. BIG MISTAKE! Her luck would change for the worse. Later that evening, she received a phone call from her new employer! She was fired. When she hung up the phone, her dog died.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

OH GOVERNMENT! SAVE US! PROTECT US FROM THE MEAN OLD BAD TERRORIST PEOPLE! Government response: OK.......

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Oh when I lived in Mexico for a short time I met some of the wonderful people who call it home and learned that there is actually a form of racism and casteism that is beyond the comprehension of most Americans because it doesn't exist here in the same form. Never call someone of pure Spanish decent "a Mexican". Them's fightin words. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I think the problem is that the above was just the beginning, not where we are today. In the beginning the goal was to eliminate discrimnation against minorities in employment. A goal which conservatives support. What it has turned into 45 years later, through more legislation and insane court decisions, is reverse discrimination.

Reply to
trader4

You're beginning to sound like me. I bet we both eat the same breakfast cereal.

Reply to
HeyBub

Hence the "occupy" losers, living in mom's basement.

Reply to
krw

A government definition, not reality.

Reply to
krw

Also, anything with a "Studies" (e.g. "Black Studies" or "Women's Studies") or "Science" in it.

Reply to
krw