The Machinist

The Glock is a special case, having a combat tupperware frame, with non removable grip panels. Here is one type

another
As you can see..the second one is internal to the weapon and is virtually invisible. The first one requres a slightly modified holster.

The latest one from Crimson Trace will be out soon.

They work well enough, and have a place in some tactical "events"

They also have some minus's, and while I have a couple laser fitted firearms..they are NOT the panacea they would appear to be.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

A friend of mine is a probation officer. We got into a discussion one day concerning civilians with hand guns. He informed me that we (civilians) aren't trained to safely handle guns, so they should be banned from us. Of course, he has the proper training, so it's OK for him.

15 minutes later, he was telling me about the raccoon that he found in his mother's attic. She lived in a very populated area. He took out his hand gun and shot at it 5 times!
Reply to
Dave Lyon

Hm. Pretty sure it's significantly more than .25". Also, there are several different trigger assemblies you can use, different slope on the ramps, which change the travel (and force required).

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Couple of options. One popular one is to replace the recoil spring assembly with one where the rod is a laser. Alignment is decent. Probably others which mount on the rails (I think later frames have rails now).

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Reminds me of a story I read once about a lady who found a rattlesnake in her kitchen. She killed it with a shotgun. As I recall, it took four or five shots.

Reply to
xray

I thought I was the only one! Randy

Reply to
Randy Replogle

Preacher friend asked if I was "Pre-Lac or Post Lac". I laughed uproariously. Just one of those Church things.

pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

My W94 was sold to me at age 16 by the local conservation officer after he inherited another rifle from a long time friend. His statement at the time was "I know I will never have to seize it if you have it." The worst horror story he had was about the chap in a row boat on a choppy lake, shooting at the stove pipe of a small shack a couple hundred yards away with a high powered rifle. When he asked the chap what the H*** he was doing, the reply was "Oh I'm just giving my kids a bit of a scare!" Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Back in the early '80's there was an Austin City Council member who shot the hell out of a garden hose with his shotgun, thinking it was a snake - allegedly there was white powder involved...

Reply to
Emmo
[...]

Yeah, at that rate just imagine how many times a civilian would have had to go back downstairs to reload!

Reply to
B.B.

That's about right for a snake, especially when it could have been steered out with a broom. Nothing like blowing your floor all to hell to dispatch a snake, eh?

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

LOL

The scary part for me was that it never dawned on him that the siding on her house was not stopping the bullet!

Reply to
Dave Lyon

(shrug) I shoot my garden hose all the time. The gophers seem to think that if they get near it, I won't shoot 'em. They're wrong.

Last time I was at the local Big Box stocking up on hose repair kits, I ran into the Sheriff. Paul looked at me, said "Lots of gophers this year, Dave?", and kept going.

Somehow, the wife doesn't buy my argument that a garden hose with holes in it is a desirable thing - soaker hoses do sell for more, after all. She keeps giving me "that look" when I try it, though.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Depends on the civilian.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Hmmm. At the range they used to have the police targets at 25 feet.

The ones over at the civilian side were 25 and 50 yards. One could say that maybe they were just practicing at the most common range they use their weapons at.

That would be charitable IMO. I've seen those targets.

I've also seen some of the cops wander out on the range to inspect their targets while the civilian side is still shooting. Boy that causes the range officer to blow a gasket.

I hope I never have to be around the local cops when they use their weapons...

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen