The new F-35 Stovl

Cool

Reply to
kfvorwerk

The libtards will kill it like they did the F-22.

Reply to
Buerste

A boondoggle.

Reply to
Curly Surmudgeon

You just don't like America to have a technological advantage on the battlefield.

You just don't like America.

Reply to
Shall not be infringed

I see it as a fantastic plane that can save those in hot spots and one that can fly in - hide over a hill and then hop up and fight when vectored into a fight. E.G. - stay out of radar until you want them to know.

Mart>

Martin H. Eastburn

Maybe, could be...

But could also be a big heavy complex lumbering hulk when what it needed is a squadron of A-4s at 1/10th the cost.

Reply to
CaveLamb

btw...

CaveLamb

The next generation of airplanes may have pilots, but they will not be flying in the airplane.

Ignoramus29074

Too expensive!!! For the Navy $35 million /plane. For me, too expensive for to commute! (o: JS

Reply to
StarDust

The "you hate America" and it's variants is a sure sign of having no valid arguments.

Reply to
Jessica Wabbit

A-4 can't operate from an LHA or LHD, which is why the Marines fly Harriers. And an A-4 can't live in the same sky with, well, just about anything these days.

A-4 would be false economy, not event the Israelis are still using them as anything but trainers. Fine for beating up lightly armed terrorists but these days that's about _all_ that it's good for. Against any kind of halfway modern fighter or any kind of halfway decent ground defense the A-4 is toast. Sure, it would be handy in Iraq right now, but what do we do, build a bunch of obsolete airplanes for a single short-term mission and retire them when it's over? That's not wise use of resources. In any case, one F-35 pretty much _is_ a squadron of A-4s in terms of ordnance delivered on target--it carries as much as 3 A-4s and has vastly better targeting systems.

As for "lumbering", the F-35 is designed to be able to take down fighter aircraft two generations newer than the A-4. Nothing that can do that can be said to be "lumbering".

Reply to
J. Clarke

:

So you don't like American soldiers, sailors, marines and airmen to have a technological edge on the battlefield?

When you read of the deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan, you wish for American deaths to be higher?

Just askin.

Reply to
Shall not be infringed

te:

You are like those idiots who, after 9-11, claimed to be bigger patriots than their neighbor because they had 98 US flag decals on their car and the neighbor only had 95.

Reply to
Jessica Wabbit

rote:

How am I like them?

I merely wrote a blank check to our nation, up to and including my life.

Lots of people did. And even more cannot fathom or even appreciate it. Like you, for one.

Reply to
Shall not be infringed

Corrected to reflect accuracy.

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

e:

And it was spent on Gumby's medical care, him being such a patriot.

Reply to
Jessica Wabbit

ote:

Gunner is a veteran. He's already worth 10 of you.

Reply to
Shall not be infringed

Veteran of what? You don't seem to know that a legit veteran has health care, and all you have are glib answers that make it obvious that you have very little thinking skills.

Reply to
Jessica Wabbit

I strongly recommend you talk to the next veteran you meet concerning the price and availability of veterans health care.

I'm retired military. CHAMPUS/TRICARE will NOT be first payer on any medical, so I pay for BlueCross. I can get free prescriptions if I drive to the nearest military base, only 65 miles one way. I get no dental coverage from the military.

Yep, I get health care, of sorts.

You are very misinformed.

technomaNge

Reply to