The Things You Think of Lying In Bed

Okay. Assuming I wanted a small heat treating oven to handle tempering small tools which had been previously hardened with a torch. . .

How about using an old toaster oven with some kind of thermocouple to measure the actual temperature?

--RC You can tell a really good idea by the enemies it makes

Reply to
rcook5

I do that. It works well as long as, like you said, you have a way of determining the real temp. I just use two hardware store stove thermometers (I use two and average their temps). Setting the dial to the correct setting takes a while, but once you've got it, you've got it.

Eide

Reply to
Eide

just noticed this nice themometer yesterday at Lee Valley, it is a meat thermometer but has a nice 5" ss lead and metal probe. It doesn't give any particulars on temp range but I would suspect is would be alright for 400-600 tempering range

machineman

Dang! You must like your meat WELL DONE!!

Wayne

NoOne N Particular