Thiel bandsaw welder problem

Greetings from sunny Melbourne, Australia. I recently bought a 1957 vintage 16" Thiel Nassovia metal cutting bandsaw. I have converted it to 240v from 415v and it works beautifully. It is fitted with a blade welder which has a 440v transformer in the back of it. My problem is: what is the output voltage of the welder? If someone can assist or suggest how to work out what the actual welding voltage is I would be most appreciative. Thanks for an excellent forum Mark Gough

Reply to
Mark Gough

The welding output will be somewhere in the order of 1-3 volts at about 200 amps.

Simply put a step up transformer on it. A decent sized one.

Gunner

Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. Benjamin Disraeli

Reply to
Gunner