Diamond core bit retipping

We have a worn 2 1/2" dia. 16" long "Hilti" diamond core bit. We've cut away 4" and have a new 4" replacement tip. They're magnetic hence deem them as steel. Being that the bits operate at ~ 2500 rpm we'd like to have as little rotational eccentricity while drilling for obvious reasons. Also as we'll a sound weld :>. We have mig, tig, & stick capabilty. Any help in selecting the proper / most successful technique regarding welding / fixturing would be wonderful.

Reply to
Vittorio

Silver solder. even better if you can bevel one on the inside and the other on the outside.

Reply to
bamboo

I don't know if they are all the same, but the core drills I used to work with were made of aircraft tubing 4130.

Reply to
ff