Iraqi dissidents wave model plane

Shown in a news clip where the attitude of the Iraqis toward Americans was being discussed (FOX News 12:26 PM, Saturday 6/19/04) was one Iraqi waving
the fuselage of a model plane (pusher configuration) as others wave standard armaments in protest.
Red S.

Perhaps....... he was hoping someone would spot his predicament and send him a wing to fit it ???
Reg
Did anyone else catch it? It was very brief, a couple of seconds at the most.
Red S.
wrote:

was
waving
standard
Firther PROOF that Iraqis are all terrorists! We nned to outlaw these damned RC planes or we'll ALL Be in hot water!

damned RC

Yep! That's it! Carry it to the extreme in an attempt to make a joke of it. Then maybe everyone will laugh and forget about it and write it all off as a stupid idea. Probably the same tactic used when the idea of flying hi-jacked airliners into buildings was first suggested.
Fact of the matter is, the potential for such a thing to be a threat is real. Consider how much bad stuff could be carried by a 1/3 scale extra which is normally capable of hovering on the prop? And while you're at it, consider what the main difference is between your toy airplane and any one of the many UAV's in the world today? The answer is the size of the budget!
Here's a link to one of the more popular ones out there and it is by no means the smallest: http://www.puav.com/intro.asp Wonder what could be done with that 100 pound payload and 5.5 hour endurance?
Jeez, you really buy into the fear factor don't you! They're probably waving one of OUR tiny little spy planes our military is using. Did you think about that?

off
it,
budget!
Fear factor? Not hardly. Just tired of all the fools here who claim models can't be used in this manner.
And as for your comment about it maybe being one of ours, did you bother to read my comment of "Possibly the remnants of one of the many UAV's being used over there."? Of course the trick here is to understand that it is our military using so many of these things.

of
one
C.O.Jones wrote:

Its not can't. Its won't/wouldn't. Cost benefit analysis Chris.
I know those are big scary words, but even terrorists know what they mean.

Never said they would or wouldn't! I'm simply stating that models could be used if so desired. Review your English Comprehension!
As for would they use them? Hard to say. I suspect it depends on what they intended to do, how soon and what assets they had on hand. OTOH, how much does a tactical nuke weigh and could a 1/3 Extra pick it up?
Chuck

all
flying
extra

Might be better if you reviewed your previous posts... you just had congress involved a couple of posts up.
Reg

be
Might be better if you learned how to follow a thread. The congress post was dealing with who in the government said what and why with regard to WMD and the Iraq threat. IOW that was back to the he said she said routine the libs like to play!
16 consecutive posts (somewhat off topic - we were talking about what appeared to be a model plane in the hands of Iraqi insurgents) from a guy that was going to leave the newsgroup?
RS

Never said I was going to leave the news group Red. Just would like to be able to ignore word twisting garbage like yourself!

Then why don't you and give us all a break so we can get back to the intent of this NG?
RS

He is lying Red... he definitely posted to the effect that he was leaving the group. He is so far gone that the only recourse I see is to totally ignore him and get back to model planes.
Reg

Show the post Reg! And make the entire post! None of this selective editing.
C.O.Jones wrote:

... but I think you'll find it's already been (incorrectly) selectively edited. It (looks like it) was Fred McClellan who said "I'm done with you and the news group."
This message is not intended as support of you or your postings in any way. I still think you're just a plain old fashioned shit disturber.

be
intent
You first!

See there you go again !!! There was a post from you just the other week that quite clearly stated that you were going to leave the newsgroup. Someone even responded by saying that you would only pop up under another name.
Now go on.... admit it.... you have completely lost the plot and don't know what you have said from one day to another.
You are so stupid in fact that there is no point in further converse with you....... certainly not before you have a memory transplant.
You have again displayed your own stupidity.
Reg

Unfortunately he never does though. Also its a post from a guy whose record bears out the fact that he seldom manages to know what he is on about.... senility ????
Guess he lives on a trailer park and TV reception is poor. That would explain why he flips about trying to cause arguments on here. Reg