Shelton #9 wood plane parts needed

Digging around in my Stacks O Stuff..I dug out a Shelton #9 smoothing plane Id picked up at a yard sale a year or so ago.
I noticed the "Y" adjusting lever and the lateral lever is missing, so it wont adjust using the adjusting knob.
Anyone got an old parts plane kicking around I could buy/swap parts off of ?
Gunner
--
"President Obama is not going to lose. He will be re-elected. It is those of
you who have these grand fantasies of that pip-squeak Romney actually having

Oh..I need the big wood knob and the screw on the front if anyone has one.
The planes arent worth much, even on Ebay..so would prefer to swap/trade but can kick in a few bucks.
Gunner
--
"President Obama is not going to lose. He will be re-elected. It is those of
you who have these grand fantasies of that pip-squeak Romney actually having

Some idiot is trying to get $39.99 for one on eBay right now, and he has one offer.
Ask on Lumberjocks.com, mon. It seems to be the hopping place right about now.
--
While we have the gift of life, it seems to me that only tragedy
is to allow part of us to die - whether it is our spirit, our

How close is it to the Bailey-pattern ones that Stanley sold for a century? Parts for those can be had online. Knobs and handles in particular. Have never heard of that tool brand.
Stan
On Tue, 6 Nov 2012 12:10:34 -0800 (PST), Stanley Schaefer

Shelton? New at the wood working arent you....<G>
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313&_nkw=shelton+plane&_sacat=0&_from=R40
Its very very similar to the Bailey pattern Stanley that I also have and in fact..Shelton was bought up by Stanley in the 1960s as I recall..maybe the 1950s.
This one is only about 9" long with a standard flat bottom, while my bigger Bailey has a corregated bottom.
Mine #9, is the same model as this one
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-SHELTON-NO-9-SMOOTH-BOTTOM-PLANE-/290806097072
But there are significant differences to the base architecture.
This is the model Bailey I have
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Bailey-No-6-Corrugated-Fore-Plane-Stanley-Large-Woodworking-Tool-Nice-/321016260457
I gave 3 others away over the years, all of which are being used just about daily by serious wood workers.
But I kept the big folding handle draw knife and the smaller
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-A-J-WILKINSON-CO-FOLDING-DRAW-KNIFE-TOOL-8-INCHES-BLADE-/261110161902
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stanley-Spoke-Shave-VINTAGE-MADE-IN-ENGLAND-/310349056972?
I actually use the small spoke shave with some regularity for many things. A very handy wood working tool!!
Oh..I also picked up another 8" draw knife, but its fixed handles. ($1 yard sale..3 weeks ago)
Anyone know the proper way to sharpen an 8" draw knife?
Gunner
--
"President Obama is not going to lose. He will be re-elected. It is those of
you who have these grand fantasies of that pip-squeak Romney actually having

I sharpen my 6" on a diamond hone. Flatten the back, sharpen the edge, strop, and Bob's yer uncle.
Look up "Scary Sharp" and pretty much forget the coarser grades, under 100. I use 600 and 1200 diamond plates, plus a sheet of 1500 grit of wetordry paper, and a strop with Lee Valley green chromium dioxide crayon. I have to be careful waving my freshly sharpened tools around for fear of splitting atoms with the sharp edge. ;)
And if you find a copy of Leonard Lee's sharpening handbook, buy it. It's great, too. http://tinyurl.com/btac375
--
While we have the gift of life, it seems to me that only tragedy
is to allow part of us to die - whether it is our spirit, our

Have never seen Shelton in any store, ad or online. Estate auctions, either. If it wasn't Stanley or Bailey(or Craftsman), it wasn't sold around my part of the country. I've been doing woodworking for at least 40 years now.
As far as sharpening, I'd use a fine diamond hone plate myself, if I needed a finer edge, I'd break out the Arkansas stones for finishing. If you had the planer attachment, probably the Delta wet stone grinder would work if you just had to have a power tool for sharpening. One of my really old books showed using something like one of those round axe-sharpening stones for sharpening a draw knive, this would have been for doing stuff like debarking logs for houses, though. As long as you get it sharp and don't get a turned edge doing it, just about any method will do.
Stan