Final Voyage

The USS Enterprise, the world's first nuclear-powered aircraft carrier,
pulled into its home port for the final time Sunday, before heading for
Puget Sound Naval Shipyard to be scrapped.
Things frequently break down, and spare parts for a ship that's the only one
in its class aren't made anymore.
"She's just old, so you got to work around her," said Petty Officer 2nd
Class Danielle Almaraz, an electronic technician. "We have to make our own
parts sometimes because it just doesn't exist."

Best Rgards
Tom.
Reply to
azotic
Any plans to replace her with another "Enterprise"? I hope we don't wait until we are building Starships to reuse the name.
Reply to
Tom Gardner
There are attempts to get another one named but with the current climate I wouldn't hold my breath.
Reply to
Steve W.
id=head_main
There will probably be some nice stuff from it on the govbid site pretty soon.
Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT
Is there a replacement carrier in the wings?
Or is that another don't hold you breath thing?
Reply to
Richard
2015 for the Gerald R. Ford, and then the John F. Kennedy nuclear supercarriers with the new electromagnetic catapults by General Atomics.
Best regards, Spehro Pefhany
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Jim Wilkins
Maybe after the Chinese land on the moon the gummint will finally take the leash off of GA. An Orion would be a very worthy "Enterprise".
Reply to
J. Clarke
...they'll want to land again, in an hour later... ;-)
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell