Iraqi dissidents wave model plane

Shown in a news clip where the attitude of the Iraqis toward Americans was being discussed (FOX News 12:26 PM, Saturday 6/19/04) was one Iraqi waving the fuselage of a model plane (pusher configuration) as others wave standard armaments in protest.

Red S.

Reply to
Red Scholefield

Perhaps....... he was hoping someone would spot his predicament and send him a wing to fit it ???

Reg

Reply to
reg

Firther PROOF that Iraqis are all terrorists! We nned to outlaw these damned RC planes or we'll ALL Be in hot water!

Reply to
Flint Fredstone

Did anyone else catch it? It was very brief, a couple of seconds at the most.

Red S.

Reply to
Red Scholefield

Possibly the remnants of one of the many UAV's being used over there.

Reply to
C.O.Jones

Yep! That's it! Carry it to the extreme in an attempt to make a joke of it. Then maybe everyone will laugh and forget about it and write it all off as a stupid idea. Probably the same tactic used when the idea of flying hi-jacked airliners into buildings was first suggested.

Fact of the matter is, the potential for such a thing to be a threat is real. Consider how much bad stuff could be carried by a 1/3 scale extra which is normally capable of hovering on the prop? And while you're at it, consider what the main difference is between your toy airplane and any one of the many UAV's in the world today? The answer is the size of the budget!

Here's a link to one of the more popular ones out there and it is by no means the smallest:

what could be done with that 100 pound payload and 5.5 hour endurance?

Reply to
C.O.Jones

Excuse me folksssssssssss I gotta go check my medication. I'm starting to feal shaky

tomb

Reply to
tomb046

Jeez, you really buy into the fear factor don't you! They're probably waving one of OUR tiny little spy planes our military is using. Did you think about that?

Reply to
jeboba

Yep. G.W. just leaves keeping everybody shaking in their boots. Even after proven wrong by the whole world he just keeps spouting the same lies. I've stopped worrying about him. He'll be gone in November. All he has to do is just keep lieing to us and being proved to be lieing. Americans will only take so much bullshit!

Reply to
jeboba

Fear factor? Not hardly. Just tired of all the fools here who claim models can't be used in this manner.

And as for your comment about it maybe being one of ours, did you bother to read my comment of "Possibly the remnants of one of the many UAV's being used over there."? Of course the trick here is to understand that it is our military using so many of these things.

Reply to
C.O.Jones

What lies are you claiming now? Perhaps we should get some of the left wing quotes out here too! You know the ones, where Clinton, Kennedy, Kerry, Dean and others all state that something needs to be done about Saddam and the Iraqi threat! Or are we pretending that the left has never, ever said anything like that?

Reply to
C.O.Jones

They aren't the president speaking from the supposed position of knowledge and authority.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

The main liars are the left and their media, and terrorists trying to get GW out of office because their lifespan is being threatened. Left media lies, just look at the actual 911 commision report verses what the NYT reported for poof. The only thing I can figure is too many people aren't smart enough to read anything, or they only read the fiction that the NYT and LA Times puts out, so they listen to the the crap verbage their party leaders put out. Gee's even the Clintons agree GW was correct in attacking Iraq.

jeboba wrote:

Reply to
Phil

No they aren't! But they are Senators and Congressmen speaking from the supposed position of knowledge and authority!

Reply to
C.O.Jones

Their capacity for bullshit exceeds their capacity for beer and hamburgers. neither is a good survival trait.

What makes you think you will get honesty from any politician?

They didn't get where they are now by telling the truth and not taking bribes from big money.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Its not can't. Its won't/wouldn't. Cost benefit analysis Chris.

I know those are big scary words, but even terrorists know what they mean.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Well he's an asshole as well then.

I said that taking it would be easy, but the cost of holding it and the political fallout would be massive. I got shouted down. I was right.

*shrug*. It will burn itself out in ten years, along with the rest of the oil reserves.

The West will get poorer, and then so will the middle east. Then there won't be any funding and it will just fizzle out.

The real answer that you will not get from an oil man, is to re-structure Western economies away from oil, and let the Arabs have Israel back.

Not worry about toy planes carrying fireworks.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Since when did any politician know about anything?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

"Paul McIntosh" posted message IDon Sun, 20 Jun 2004

21:36:35 +0100

Liberals do not ever speak from the position of knowledge...supposed or otherwise.

Reply to
Todd Klondike

You don't think the 911 Commission has the knowledge or authority? They got the same clearance as the Pres. Think about that for a minute. Even Repubs are bailing on Bush.

Reply to
jeboba