Iraqi dissidents wave model plane

The Natural Philosopher posted message IDon Mon, 21 Jun 2004 23:29:46

+0100

Try reading for comprehension. The weapons parts mentioned in the story were shipped out of Iraq just before and during the war.

I note your attempt to change the subject. Typical liberal tactic. Nonetheless, I will address your whine.

The deficit does not equal national debt. Debt is what we owe. Deficit is how much more we're spending vs. what we take in for a given time peroid. While I am no big fan of deficit spending, I do believe that national security is one instance that justifies it.

Not when you adjust for inflation. When taken as a percentage of my hourly wage, gas costs me less now than it did when it was 50 cents per gallon.

Say what? The markets are quite healthy these days. I only wish I had more free cash to invest.

Compared to what?

Something the britts couldn't do. Your point?

Since when does a britt cross-dressing poofter have a president?

Reply to
Todd Klondike

The Natural Philosopher posted message IDon Mon, 21 Jun 2004 23:23:19

+0100

That's the classical definition. Here in the US, liberals are the defenders of Big Government Status Quo, and fear anything that tends to reduce said government, or to lessen the people's reliance on Washington DC as Big Brother.

Examine the facts. The Republican party wants to change the status quo. The democraps want whatever it takes to keep things as they've always been. Also, the democraps want whatever will get them back in power, no matter how bad it is for the country. Bad news in Iraq is good news for liberals. Bad news for the economy is good news for liberals. Another terrorist attack is good news for John F'ing Kerry.

WTF is a neo conservative, anyways?

Reply to
Todd Klondike

Yeah, if ya can't kill something or someone with it, it ain't worth having. That's neocon right wing hawk thinking anyway.

Reply to
jeboba

Reply to
jeboba

"jeboba" posted message IDon Mon, 21 Jun 2004

23:23:38 GMT

Bullshit, of course. "I did not have sex with that woman, Ms. Lewinsky." ? William 'Liberal Democrat' Clinton

Reply to
Todd Klondike

Reply to
Phil

Totally agree with you. That's why the Democrats are not nominating Dean or Kucinich. Toooo extreme. Kerry is very middle of the road. Now Bush, he's as far right radical as you can get. The closest he ever got to 'middle' was in Junior high school. Following your logic, you will NOT vote for the candidate doing the country the LEAST good. Right? Well, we know Bush has screwed it up as bad as it can get. Time for a change. (and PLEASE don't vote for Nader. A vote for him is a vote for Bush).

Reply to
jeboba

And the IED that had Sarin in it is pretty present day.

It's called 911, it totally deep sixed our economy. You don't save your way out of a catastrophe, you spend it out. But I would agree with you, I don't like the amount of spending that has gone on.

And why is that? Because we haven't built a new refinery for decades. Gas usage's was 4% over refinery capacity in the first quarter, before the summer driving season hit. But guess what, the old free marketplace worked, people started driving less and it fell almost 4% recent reporting, and gas prices are on their way down.

Where did you flunk arithmetic? The DJI and S&P 500 are up around 14% over a year ago. Nasdaq is up over 20% from a year ago.

Go read the who's who of Al Qaeda who is captured or dead.

Yes, and that babbling old man wanted us dead.

Well he's not perfect, but at this point there have been no more 911's, and he is going after state sponsored terrorism. At least they know there in a fight. Bin Laden called the US a paper tiger, no stomach for toughness. GWB is at least proving that he is a leader that is willing to fight the fight regardless of political fallout. That's my kind of leader, one that does the right thing, rather than the politically correct thing. Question is if Kerry or Nader were to win, would they go back to the paper tiger US, and let the fight come to US soil.

Reply to
Phil

I'm sitting here LMAO! "The DJ is up 14% from a year ago". So what!!? It's still way down from where it was til Bush was elected! It's unbelievable how your repubs can spin stuff. Stop listening to Limbaugh!

Reply to
jeboba

Well hopefully the 'political fallout' spells Bush's demise in November!

Reply to
jeboba

What is a neoconservative? People that think like you!

Reply to
jeboba

Well said. However, if you check out Mellon, Scafe, and a whole bunch of other names that own the most media in the country ranging from radio to print to broadcast TV (and now Mellon wants to own DishNetwork!). They are strong right wingers who have given millions to the Republican party. They started their quest to control what Americans read see and hear almost 30 years ago. It was a genius stroke. I have read that a lot of news people are sick they can't tell the truth. If they try, they'll lose their jobs. I've seen Katy Couric bite her lip more than once.

Reply to
jeboba

Oh my goodness. They misplaced one little IED when getting rid of the WMD's years ago. ONE weapon does not constitute WMD's! The W in WMD is for weaponS...plural.

Reply to
jeboba

"jeboba" posted message IDon Tue, 22 Jun 2004

00:33:00 GMT

Again you prove my point. The stock markets started dropping from their all-time high when the Clinton administration went after Microsoft. I am not saying that this is what caused the decline, only that it marks the start of it. Bear in mind that this predates George Bush's nomination as the Republican candidate by over a year. Not his election, his nomination.

Reply to
Todd Klondike

"jeboba" posted message IDon Tue, 22 Jun 2004

00:36:35 GMT

So it's the same as conservative has always been. You LIEberals just made up a new word to catch the unthinking.

Reply to
Todd Klondike

"jeboba" posted message IDon Tue, 22 Jun 2004

00:40:41 GMT

Evidence, moron. LIEberals are required to prove they are not lying.

Reply to
Todd Klondike

Excuse me? Sorry, but the market was strong as hell until well after Bush was elected.

Reply to
jeboba

"jeboba" posted message IDon Tue, 22 Jun 2004

02:11:16 GMT

You believe so. But your belief does not change the facts. Do some research. The truth is as I said it was.

Thank you for proving my point, but I prefer to humiliate you without your bumbling assistance.

Reply to
Todd Klondike

Iraq DID have them in the PAST (about 10 years ago). They didn't deny it. Where are they now?

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

I don't know which charts YOU look at but the S&P 500 peaked around October of 2000 and the NASDAQ and DOW peaked around March 2000.

And, the Microsoft tie-in is laughable! For the real story, try here:

Paul McIntosh