tool & cutter grinding book

I owned a tool & cutter grinder for awhile. I took a class in a local tech college and learned some about how to use it, but most of it seemed to be tribal knowledge, you had to learn at the hands of a trained guy. I wound up selling that machine but before I did I ran across a great little book, out of print for quite a while, simply titled "Instruction Manual" by the K.O. Lee company. I've seen this book being offered for exorbitant prices by used booksellers, so tonight when I saw one advertised on ebay I thought I'd mention it in case any of you guys are in the position I used to be in. This book is worth its weight in gold for anyone trying to figure out by themselves how to sharpen milling cutters, reamers, taps, etc. on a tool & cutter grinder. Moreover, the seller apparently doesn't know what it is so it's a "stealth" auction. I have no interest in this item, owning one already, and I have no affiliation with the seller. See ebay item 150025887296.

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

KO Lee still sells that booklet. I think that they get $75 for it. Much of the same sort of info can be found in a compendium of T&C grinder manuals (mostly UK-based) that John Stevenson sells on Ebay. The seller name is marypoppinsbag, I think.

Reply to
Mike Henry

Grant, can it be used with a Baldor 500 "tool grinder"? You can search ebay for baldor 500 to find some examples (double ended cup grinder with adjustable support plates). Or is that manual for some very special grinder?

Ignoramus15228

No, it isn't for that kind of grinder. It's for a tool & cutter grinder, the kind where the spindle can be rotated and set at different angles, and the workhead can likewise be rotated and set at any angle, and which comes with a whole cabinet of fixturing including really robust centers, etc.

GWE

Ignoramus15228 wrote:

Reply to
Grant Erwin