Toyota 7fgcu25 hard start

Have a toyota 7fgcu25 with hard cold start. Forklift fires right up with a small shot of carb cleaner and runs perfect. Which leads me to believe compression is
good. Spark tested OK, and have gas being fed to the vaporizer. Tested electrical connector at solenoid and circuit tested good. I could not hear solenoid clicking which lead me to believe it was a stick solenoid. Upon removal found no pointer controlling flow of gas. In what ways can this damage components if any??