Uniformity shall prevail !

As soon as the plugs I just ordered arrive I will have a uniform plug system for all 220v welding and cutting machines . Actually I already have everything but the plasma cutter on the 50 amp 3 prong dryer type outlet . Changing the plasma over means that I will now have an extension cord for the TIG and MIG (and an open 220 slot in my panel) . I wired it from the panel with a long lead to the plug since I didn't really want to burn my shop down . It will now plug into the welder outlet instead of coming from the panel .

Reply to
Snag

I've got different plugs all over the shop. Cross blade for 20 amp circuits (some mills and bandsaw). Twists locks for 30 amp KMB1, SB1028F, and PM1440. 4 pin dryer plug for 50 amp (welders only).

While I am not crazy about it I do have 2 50 amp extension cords if I need to weld in the front of the shop. The TIG and plasma came with the same 50 amp plug. I put the same plug on the Miller MIG even though the manual says I should put it on a 65 amp circuit.

I like torch cuts better than plasma. Its faster and I can cut cleaner (straighter) with it. The plasma has two advantages, but most of the time the torch is better for me. Plasma will "cut" aluminum. Steal slag is easier to clean up with plasma.

I'm thinking about daisy chaining a couple 20 amp cross blade outlets in the back of the shop off my one (1) open circuit on a sub panel if I can find a cross link plate for the outer poles on the high density breaker.

Reply to
Bob La Londe