unimat 3 power feed drive unit question

I have a unimat 3 with the power feed drive mounted already. Have not been able to figure out how the belt goes on to make it work.Tried differant configurations but none work. I know the shaft has to be locked to the drive but I am stuck. Help! I was wondering if some other part is missing. The drive unit itself is all there but is there more? By the way I modified a foredom drill press to work as a mill on my machine. Made thousands with this set up for the jewelry trade, great little machine. Thanks

Reply to
warrong

There is a Yahoo group for Unimat where you may find the answer. Give it a try.

Jim Chandler

Reply to
Jim Chandler

There's a groove on the headstock spindle, that's the driving "pulley". The drive is engaged and disengaged by pulling the round knob in or out.

Reply to
Jordan

On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 16:29:13 -0800 in rec.crafts.metalworking, snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net wrote,

The belt has 1/4 twist in it. As best I recall, it goes around the groove in the spindle and around the grooved shaft sticking out the back of the of the power feed adapter.

Reply to
David Harmon

That sounds more like the one for the SL-1000 -- except that the groove on the headstock spindle is in a special replacement nut to hold the pulley on the spindle.

I didn't answer before because I have no experience with the Unimat 3 -- just the DB-200 and SL-1000.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols