Unusual compression spring source needed?

I have a pinball machine that needs a specific spring, but the usual sources have to custom make them, resorting to a minimum quantity (usually > 500). The spring is of compression-type. It is much fatter in the middle than on the ends. It looks like 2 cone springs back to back, but there are no welds evident, it is one whole spring. When compressed it forms a nice thin ring (all the coil turns come together). Anyone know - What kind of spring is this? Any known off the shelf source ?

Thanks in advance. Marcel

Reply to
Marcel Gonzalez

"Marcel Gonzalez" wrote: (clip)Anyone know - What kind of spring is this? Any known off the shelf source ? ^^^^^^^^^^ I used to hang around with a dentist who told me he had powder coated wire that could be bent to shape, and then burned. After it cooled it was hard and springy--used for making braces for teeth. If you could get a piece of that you could make your own spring. Maybe your dentist could help you find it.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

Many years ago I used to work for Century Spring corp in Los Angeles. They had then an amazing variety of springs. If I remember correctly they advertised they had "the largest stock of springs in the world". Might be worth a phone call.

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck

why not do a search for pinball machine parts.. stand a better chance of getting them than finding this one spring new????

Reply to
dbird

What machine? Did you check these resources?

Steve Young at Pinball Resource

FAO is another great place,
Ray Johnson for ROMs and goodies.
Clive for board repairs and good help snipped-for-privacy@bayareaamusements.com Rick at Bay Area Amusements LLC is a good source
Marco is nice too.
Ed is great too. Bob Ellingson snipped-for-privacy@halted.com Is a super person
The Liz for TZ and other goodies
Kerry makes lots of good things
Steve Kulpa
Roc for plastic washers and other good things Halted Specialties Co., Inc.
Ryder St. (408) 732-1573 Santa Clara, Calif. 95051 USA (408) 732-6428 (FAX)
Cliffy for protectors
Kerry for stuff too

RellikJM

"Chuck" wrote in news:YEpDc.4021$z81.1967@fed1read01:

i believe the website is

I purchase all my spring needs from them.

Reply to
Anthony