Yard Sale gloat

Bagged a 10" 1.5hp Baldor 3 phase bench grinder at a yard sale today, $15 with the lighted eye guards! This lists for over $800 in MSC. Too bad it's going to have to live in the shed until I can rearrange the shop to make room for it...

BTW, got a GPS receiver for my laptop. Using Streets and Trips, I "plan" a trip starting at home, and entering the addresses of any interesting yard sales. Do a little fiddling to sort for a reasonably efficient route and plot the trip. Just keep the GPS tracking icon on the green route, and viola! Hit more yard sales in less time, score more deals.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

Way cool!

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

good snag, but you are not right in the head!

Reply to
yourname

Was doing OK till I noticed that the left rear tire was looking a bit soft, "OK, I'll give it a bit of air when I get home" next stop, I realized I was gonna have to use the do-nut for the second time in fourteen years. End result is a replaced tire and a do-nut rim that is going out to Junior's future FiL for some rust removal so I can throw some rust paint at it. mounting the spare under the vehicle is not a good idea! Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller