Tool gloat

Jon, I think I went to school with Beverly Shear!

LLB

Reply to
LLBrown

Friday mornings can be good for yard sales for those of us that have the freedom to do so. This morning I scored something I've been wanting for years, a Beverly shear. $10... Yeah, it needs some cleaning up and fresh paint, but even with the labor I'll put into it, it is a screaming bargain!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

When Jon said Beverly was a "screaming bargain," it struck a chord of recognition. I think I knew her, too. d8-)

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

What is a Beverly shear?

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Reply to
Ignoramus26541

I dated her sister, I couldn't WAIT to take her home and give my ears a rest.

Reply to
Buerste

Ah, nice. I have access to a > 8 ft wide 1/2" capacity shear at work. I'd still love to have one of those for the garage shop.

If I am understanding this right, you can cut longer than 4 1/4" if you take bites.

14 ga steel is a pretty usefull capacity.

Good gloat!, on Rec.Woodworking that would earn a you suck. ;)

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Maybe she is Hel'en Reddy ;) Try to keep her from roaring.

WEs

Reply to
Wes

Bravo!! When will you be shipping it to me? Finally you found me one, after all these years!!

GUnner

Gunner Asch

Grayling Michigan? Little sex machine....?

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Picture's worth a thousand words:

Looks like I have the B-1 model (data plate is missing but it matches the specs)

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

If it was a screaming Beverly at a bargain price, my new Aussie bride would have kicked my arse but good... LOL.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

That is very high praise. Iggy missed a deal. :)

Wes

Reply to
Wes

You can not only slit to any length you can safely handle, but they are great for cutting curved shapes. I have electric shears, but control is sometimes difficult for really precise cuts.

Well Iggy hates me now, which is just as good ;)

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

Damn....and I thougth it was going to be this one!...Sigh...

Ok..I wait some more....snivel

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Ok, well I retroactively hate you for that anvil score a while back. Take that!

20 years ago there were a lot more retired guys selling off lifelong collections of tools. One of the many downsides to becoming a desired destination for SF Bay Area and L.A. refugees, is the tool quality quotient of yard sales has dropped dramatically. Deals like this don't happen very often anymore. Lots of Yuppie bling and consumer crap, not so many tools... :(

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

No, no, it's the next $10 shear that's earmarked for you...

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

This was a deal of a lifetime.

Reply to
Ignoramus26541

She only put out for her friends - not an enemy in the world! Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Im wondering if we have a group of Beverly Shears, or its the same girl......

The Grayling, Michigan, Beverly Shear was the same way...

Gunner

Gunner Asch