Tool gloat

Friday mornings can be good for yard sales for those of us that have the freedom to do so. This morning I scored something I've been wanting for
years, a Beverly shear. $10... Yeah, it needs some cleaning up and fresh paint, but even with the labor I'll put into it, it is a screaming bargain!
Jon

Jon, I think I went to school with Beverly Shear!
LLB

When Jon said Beverly was a "screaming bargain," it struck a chord of recognition. I think I knew her, too. d8-)
-- Ed Huntress
Ed Huntress wrote:

If it was a screaming Beverly at a bargain price, my new Aussie bride would have kicked my arse but good... LOL.
Jon

Maybe she is Hel'en Reddy ;) Try to keep her from roaring.
WEs

I dated her sister, I couldn't WAIT to take her home and give my ears a rest.

Grayling Michigan? Little sex machine....?
Gunner
On Fri, 03 Apr 2009 15:05:45 -0700, Gunner Asch

She only put out for her friends - not an enemy in the world! Gerry :-)} London, Canada
On Fri, 03 Apr 2009 23:13:50 -0400, Gerald Miller

Im wondering if we have a group of Beverly Shears, or its the same girl......
The Grayling, Michigan, Beverly Shear was the same way...
Gunner

What is a Beverly shear?
Wes
Wes wrote:

Picture's worth a thousand words: http://vansantent.com/sheet_metal_machines/beverly_shear.htm
Looks like I have the B-1 model (data plate is missing but it matches the specs)
Jon

Ah, nice. I have access to a > 8 ft wide 1/2" capacity shear at work. I'd still love to have one of those for the garage shop.
If I am understanding this right, you can cut longer than 4 1/4" if you take bites.
14 ga steel is a pretty usefull capacity.
Good gloat!, on Rec.Woodworking that would earn a you suck. ;)
Wes
Wes wrote:

You can not only slit to any length you can safely handle, but they are great for cutting curved shapes. I have electric shears, but control is sometimes difficult for really precise cuts.

Well Iggy hates me now, which is just as good ;)
Jon

That is very high praise. Iggy missed a deal. :)
Wes

This was a deal of a lifetime.
i hate you

Ignoramus26541 wrote:

Ok, well I retroactively hate you for that anvil score a while back. Take that! <BG>
20 years ago there were a lot more retired guys selling off lifelong collections of tools. One of the many downsides to becoming a desired destination for SF Bay Area and L.A. refugees, is the tool quality quotient of yard sales has dropped dramatically. Deals like this don't happen very often anymore. Lots of Yuppie bling and consumer crap, not so many tools... :(
Jon
On Fri, 03 Apr 2009 13:10:26 -0800, Jon Anderson

Bravo!! When will you be shipping it to me? Finally you found me one, after all these years!!
GUnner
Gunner Asch wrote:

No, no, it's the next $10 shear that's earmarked for you... <G>
Jon
On Fri, 03 Apr 2009 15:09:45 -0800, Jon Anderson

Damn....and I thougth it was going to be this one!...Sigh...
Ok..I wait some more....snivel
Gunner