Used Headache Balls?

I was wondering -- does anyone know of a place to get used headache balls in Southern California?
I've started working sheet metal and would like to use one or two for
stakes. I'm looking for sizes somewhere between a shot put and a bowling ball.
[For those who don't know what a headache ball is -- it's the round ball at the end of a cranes cable, used to stabilize the cable and hook, or to knock down buildings.]
snipped-for-privacy@rgs.uci.edu wrote:

If all you need is a spherical or semi-spherical steel shape, I'd suggest looking to buy one directly. Wagner has them (with a 3/16" hole, big deal) in diameters up to 12": http://www.shopwagner.com
GWE
snipped-for-privacy@rgs.uci.edu wrote:

I thought those things were for ironworkers to stand on while riding up in the structure.
--
Gary Brady
Austin, TX

Well, yes, but don't tell OSHA!

No, those are to almost kill the help (me) when erecting my brothers timber frame home.
A crane operator in a hurry to go home is dangerous.
Wes S
Since even at scrap prices, those things are heavy and would be expensive, why dont you just buy a proper stake, made for this use? I have a "football" shaped stake I bought from Ron Fournier- rather than a straight spherical shape, it has several different radiuses and shapes on it, bigger and smaller curves, and it is just the top 1/3, then flat on the bottom, so you get the same size at 1/3 the weight.
Several of the sheetmetal gurus sell these forming tools, and they are in stock, ready to ship, and easy to make a stand for.
With a real headache ball, you are talking crummy surface finish, large weight, round shape that wants to roll away, and very expensive new, tough to find used.
Here are Ron's- only $57 each! http://www.fournierenterprises.com/postdolly.html
He makes bigger ones too- I just noticed how small the ones I linked to are- mine is bigger, and I know he makes a 7" round one for about a hundred and a quarter.
Ron is the man- I took a workshop from him years ago, and he is a beauty to watch work. And all his tools are good, or he wouldnt be selling em.