Valve CV question

I am trying to select a 3-way general purpose universal flow solenoid valve and came across a value I don't understand. The valve needs to handle .6 gpm at maximum of about 2 psi pressure drop so I figure a CV of about .400 to .500 would work. But 3-way valves have two CV ratings. One called "body" and the other "stop". For example a valve may have a Body CV of .500 and a Stop CV of .180. What exactly does that mean?

If this means the pressure drop will be different for the two directions I have a problem as I need the upstream pressure to be the same in either direction. In the above example on direction will have a drop of less than 2 psi and the other more than 8 psi.

Reply to
Glenn Ashmore

That's what it sounds like alright. You'd better get a hold of tech service for the manufacturer to be sure. If, by chance, you see this part in McMaster Carr, they will give you a direct number to tech service for that part. J&L has the same type of service for their parts - doesn't sound like a J&L part though. I bet many other companies do this.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend