Wanted: cnc or waterjet machine time

Hi guys, I have a project going on that I cannot do at work without getting into trouble-(NO IT'S NOT ILLEGAL). Reason: The problem is that I have to go into another department to do the machining and the employees that work in that dept have the mind set of an 8yr old. I have also tried at some local machine shops and their busy doing other work and or the quantity that I have isn't big enough to meet their minimums. I am located in the Northern Detroit, MI Suburbs area.

If you are interested and you have time and would like to quote me costs I can be reached at Tonkstoys(at)peoplepc(Dot)com for further info. Thanks Tracy

Reply to
Bandit

When trying to establish a new relationship it's generally not a good idea to complain about and insult individuals from previous relationships. This is true whether you're shopping for a machine shop or looking to get laid.

If I don't know either party in the sort of situation you've described, I figure someone involved is jerk, and it's even odds whether it's the complainer or the peron being criticized.

If you do find someone who's responsive to this approach, you probably don't want to do business with them anyway.

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

If it's not illegal, why won't the company allow you to do company work on a company machine? If this is the case, you have idiots for managers. Wait a minute - maybe it's NOT a company job we're talking about? Is it a personal project you're trying to do on the company's equipment? If so, I'll bet it IS illegal as far as company policy goes...

Reply to
S Young

Even though it's personal the managers don't want anyone to do any type of _personal work_ (even if it may enhance the workers skills) in the fear of showing that you the worker may acutally know what you are actually doing and are possibly are the next in line for the managers job. The managers are in a SERIOUS powerstruggle. IF you worked there you'd understand!

Yes, IT is a personal job project (in a UNION SHOP) and not a "company job" that I am looking to complete, plus cnc would be faster and more precise in the long run. T

Reply to
Bandit

Thanks, Ned,

I wasn't trying to sound like I was complaining, I was trying to set the stage for an understanding of my prediciament. I guess that I was too informative, SORRY to hurt your feelings and my posible business proposition. T

Reply to
Bandit

But now you've improved your standing by responding in a thoughtful manner to my admittedly terse (but well intentioned) response. I was a bit out of patience from dealing with a difficult person today myself.

Consequently, I'm prepared to change the odds on who's being unreasonable in your work situation to 80/20 in your favor .

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

Apropos of Ned's advice on getting laid, I have found the opposite to be true as well: Glowing reports of previous successes doesn't bode well for future prospects, either. Go figger.... Of course, I get most of my dating techniques from Blind Date..... :)

As far as machining goes, do *you* want to use the machines yourself? Or be there? Or just need the work done? If a long distance relationship is possible, I used to work w/ a guy who's pretty good at stuff like this, and who now shares space w/ a top-notch sheet metal guy. Brooklyn, NY, email me if you want to go this route. If you want more sophisticated laser-cutting capabilities, there's a fellow in the Bronx who runs a pretty big operation, but is super-super brite, and has helped me out on smaller projects. More amazingly, these guys are straight-up and honest.

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

How 'bout some more advice on getting laid??

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

If the issue is getting some CNC work done, why don't you make it a "company job"? Approach the general manager during coffee break, explain what you want done, and ask him to give you an official quote. Make it a business proposition between yourself and your company. All the companies I've worked at would do employee work at cost as a matter of corporate policy. Just be aware that "at cost" in a factory is a lot more than just the hourly wage of the machine operator -- you'd better be sitting down when you receive the quote.

Reply to
Speechless

I bet someone from the [waterjets] Yahoo group could help you:

If not, here is a spot to find local shops in your area:

Or

Hope this helps,

Carl.

PS: Sorry if this post is a duplicate. The first post errored out on me.

Reply to
Carl

I bet someone from the [waterjets] Yahoo group could help you:

If not, here is a spot to find local shops in your area:

Or

Hope this helps,

Carl.

PS: Sorry if this post is a duplicate. The first post errored out on me.

Reply to
Carl

Tracy,

You might ask this question on the [waterjets] Yahoo discussion group:

I bet one of the 1500 members would take you up on the offer.

Or, contact job shops directly at:

or

Hope this helps,

Carl