Welding tanks Explode

Yep. It happens - happened to a mate of mine at work, he had filled his propane bottle at the bulk tanks in the yard, hadn't bothered to leak test them in the barrel of water next to them for this purpose. Lit a smoke on the way home, six months in hospital with 3rd degree burns. Years later, he still looked a mess. Good thing he was already married, he would have had no chance at all the way he looked after the burns...

So. we make comments here about "what an idiot" etc etc. Dont think he planned to blow himself up. Does anyone?

And the manuals say "theres no such thing as an accident" - and they are right, every accident is caused by someones stuffing up and not doing something properly. Affects the payout from the insurance co if they can show your partly responsible.....

But, shit happens.

How many old tradesmen (not effete hobbyists) do you know who are not carrying some injury from a long ago (or recent) accident? - I would warrant its most of them. Scars,(at least), missing fingers, poorly set broken limbs, hearing loss, deteriorating eyesight, wrecked backs

- f*ck yes, its Good To Be A Blue Collar Worker.

And on a worksite, you soon learn who the idiots are, and keep clear of them, or check their work, so you don't share their "accident"

And the Kiddies (ie, the apprentices) I go to school with have to be constantly harassed about safety near big, industrial machines that can quite happy take an arm off, more easily than they can hog a big lump of steel. Their young, their immortal - and it hasn't happened to them yet, so it wont happen. Except for one of them - he tried to stop a runnaway forklift with his foot - hes still getting physiotherapy 9 months later, has an interesting way of walking, too.

Regards,

Andrew VK3BFA.

Reply to
vk3bfa

Sorry, I left out the line, "there was an explosion" right after the sentence, "He had emphysema." I've had a rough last couple of days. I made a mistake. I apologize and it will definitely happen again.

I'm sorry. Truly sorry. You have no idea how badly this makes me feel, and how elated I am for you to point out my weaknesses and errors. You do not know the level at which this affects me, especially coming from you, All Knowing, Never Erring Great One.

I'll try to do better, and I suggest you get a life.

This communication is ended.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

The sick man exploded, and burst the oxygen bottle?

OK, then.. this is the first time I've ever heard of such a thing.

Learn something knew every day, they say.

I can empathize with a couple of rough days, as I was having them for a couple of decades.

It's more likely that the sick fella mistakenly had his acetylene bottle with him.

WB ......... metalworking projects

snippages

Reply to
Wild_Bill

They explained in the news footage, the BOOM! was caught by a security camera for an ATM, fixed position and focus - he just happened to blow up the van in the right spot at the right time.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

"Bruce L. Bergman" wrote

Sorry, that wasn't in my video, or the cat has unplugged the wire. Again. Figgered it was some sort of surveillance, but of a lane of traffic was a little odd. Most good pictures are accidents. (groan ..... did I say that?)

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

It has faded somewhat after fifteen years.

Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Great. Fuck with the guy on narcotics.

Reply to
John L. Weatherly

I dunno why you chimed in John (without mentioning the obvious), but tell me.. what's the bad part of being on narcotics (for a short period of time)?

WB ......... metalworking projects

Wild_Bill

I forget.

Reply to
John L. Weatherly

I reckon the bad part to be; not having just a couple more.

But that's the way those things are. At least they don't cause people to explode.

WB ......... metalworking projects

Wild_Bill

I'm sorry, Wild Bill. I didn't realize you were drug impaired. Perhaps I was too harsh on you. I spent from 4PM Friday the 4th to noon Sunday getting IV morphine every 2 to 4 hours. Smashed a vertebra. But now I'm on lighter stuff, and soon, I'll put that away from Tylenol.

Remember, Bill. Drugs, like stupidity are a choice you can either stay with or get away from.

HTH.

Steve

PS:

Reply to
SteveB

Well, Steve B, here's a great opportunity to display your hissy-fit attitude concerning perfection, maybe because you might think I give a FRA about your writing style (couldn't be further from accurate), or your personal problems.

I suggested criticizm about you posting the OT bullshit current-event post of HC wanting money from BO, in this newsgroup a while ago (just because those topics don't belong here), but you probably knew that.

Maybe your drugs are inducing paranoia.. or maybe it's got nothing to do with the drugs.

I was prodding you about the explosion.

"a resident of a trailer park was sitting outside having a smoke and using his oxygen tank *at the same time*" I'm wondering if you believe that this should be self-explanatory. It seems that you might.

Now you seem to be enjoying suggesting I am a drug user, and stupid, which doesn't mean squat to me.. and I can't even guess why it would matter to anyone else. But if that's what makes you feel better about yourself, then that's what you'll do, I guess.

Hey, I'll even give ya a free one.. I'm one of those stinkin' top-posters, out to ruin usenet for all of the proper bottom-posters. Another one in my FRA category.

Too bad you don't understand the "stupidity is a choice" concept.

It seems that you keep injuring yourself seriously, repeatedly. That might be a different Steve. Your medical report: FRA, again. I didn't know that I needed to check to see if you had a doctor's excuse.

Excuses or not, I'll point out that oxygen is not explosive, to anyone, regardless of their (welding) background, mental health status, IQ, race, religion etc.

You may just be the perfect person to explain stupidity to the "rest of us".

PS: I gotta check the calendar. Must be a comprehension holiday, huh (thanks for that one Andy, it's great!)

WB ......... metalworking projects

Wild_Bill