What is this wire chain called and how can I buy it

This chain comes from a variable speed drill press. Its job was to move the speed indicator as the variable speed was adjusted. Unfortunately, it was damaged and is now too short. What is it called and where can I find something like that?

thanks

Reply to
Ignoramus5048

No link to pic...

But I'm going to guess one of these three.

If not, they have just about every other type on there...

Reply to
spamTHISbrp

I'm pretty sure we're not going to be able to help without a picture of the chain or at least a good description of it.

Reply to
Pete C.

Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This chain comes from a variable speed drill press. Its job was to move the speed indicator as the variable speed was adjusted. Unfortunately, it was damaged and is now too short. What is it called and where can I find something like that?

Reply to
Ignoramus5048

Sorry, here's the picture

Ignoramus5048

Ladder chain

Ned Simmons

i get that at stained glass shops. they have it for putting around the outside of s.g panels for hanging the panel.

Reply to
chaniarts

Thanks! This is it!

Reply to
Ignoramus5048

Which brand of drill press? Rockwell? Clausing?

Figure out which one it is..and call Leigh at MarMachine, Costa Mesa, California, , he may have some carcasses

Gunner

One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not agree that "violence begets violence." I told him that it is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure

- and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.

- Jeff Cooper

Reply to
Gunner

Ignoramus5048 fired this volley in news:NZCdnUZVE87LlqnNnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Ladder chain. McMaster and others.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

The nice thing about little chains like that is that you can make extensions from pieces of similar diameter steel or stainless wire and a pair of needle nosed pliers + some patience. Start with a length, bend the U shape, then thread it through the existing chain. Now roll the ends. Rinse, repeat. Good needle nosed pliers are necessary, but you probably have some Kleins there, don't you? Use some with toothed tips.

Your new chain doesn't necessarily have to be exactly alike, either. Free-floating chain can be any style. It's only if it rubs on a guide that it has to be a certain shape.

-- And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. -- Anaïs Nin

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Is this it?

jsw