What is your secret super power?

I am a "wife or kids interrupt me as soon as I set everything up to do something" man.

Ignoramus27098

I used to think that I was "Rain Man" in that I could control the likelyhood of rain by virtue of wether there was a project I needed to get done. At other times, I began to believe that I was "Requires Stiches Man", a persona which usually manisifeted near the end of a project.

I have come, in time, to discover that I am in fact "Garbage Pickup Man", because I can control when the guys show up to retrieve my garbage. If I wait until morning to put my garbage out then they, by the force of my superower, will show up one half hour before I wake. If I put out my garbage the night before, then they do not show until mid -afternoon, assuring that every dog in the neighbothood will have a shot at covering my lawn with my own refuse.

I had hoped for some cool power like invisibility, or the power of mind control, but I guess I will live with "Garbage Pickup Man" for now. Does anyone else have some sort of superpower? Maybe, "Broken Bandsaw Blade at

9:01 at Night Man", or "Air Gun Trigger Breaks One Nail Into Project Man".

Just wondering.

Reply to
James F. Newell

--Sigh. I'm "fart loud in the fancy restaurant man".

Reply to
steamer

I am "SomeOneWantsAFrenchHornNow" guy. I can go for months without making one and then I get the urge to start bending and right away someone contacts me wanting one.

LLB

Reply to
brassbend

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 16:24:30 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Ignoramus27098 quickly quoth:

Invest in a deadbolt locked from INSIDE the garage (aka SHOP), Ig. ;)

P.S: Hide the spare keys WELL!

- Interpreted Interpolations Done Dirt Cheap. -----------

Website Application Programming

Reply to
Larry Jaques

When i go in the bathroom I can make the telephone ring.

Reply to
Tony

x?UMoÜ6½ëWÌÁði­?7©×AjEÒ P'HôLI#?Y?TøaAÿ¾?ÖÙ@FÛË.%qf?÷8ü¨é?ðº¤ûÁÒUQ¼¢?ÝözWÜÐE±-? Æß~5z?Wt®ü­PØ{Y*SîÌàVRs®?·þ6­ñ¼?7òm|þ»cM?ZCR?ï?Já;kLO{ª?¦^8½÷¬xè?f²R·ù?_äÛc?´Îþ }ßS??õD?¬krbrK¦?t?:¶T²R?ÁZNï,j?«CædÍy?½Z³Í~*°¬çF???½Ëé?G¤;éþ[£?»ã"¯L)uÛD¨-?fÅV·»¾¾ª·¯X?gÛâuñúLð5o»)îâç\ /#B?ç?q*ì)8®É4$õ¿Âãå(?Ôgò ½àM?§-? ª?ö?HÇin%¬¦?zUÑ4dcÎr¢'i}àøfdy???? ¬ùÆU¬¤?ëc?j?Ýûuæ9?Y??ÜBCDA=ÉOüBoü=H U¾xYuøîsCâ4ýÀÖ-VÇq`0?è^hédÃ`5?ÔEK¡Áç~V¼ I'?àMâ[Æú¨¥«ÌS¢)5"úø¹ iFý^Ø.¡O²:??U?+á?Eã? ?3à:3?²eo?8+í\ì?)ÒSÐ^*êÕ8x1ÁüI,

Reply to
Gunner

On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 01:21:50 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner quickly quoth:

And mine is happy that I can tie a cherry stem into a knot with my tongue.

Oh, you'll absolutely ADORE the new Google Video, Gunner. Penn and Teller at their best for 28 minutes!

- Interpreted Interpolations Done Dirt Cheap. -----------

Website Application Programming

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Finding out I need to go to town for an absolutely essential tool/bit of material causes the tide to leave my boat dry. Ken (Canute)

Reply to
Ken Davey

Not on dial up I wont..sigh

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3

Reply to
Gunner

I can slow a checkout line down to a crawl by just being in it.

Reply to
clutch

I have the power to, by merely dropping it as little as an inch, send a wrench or screwdriver rocketing across the shop at such velocity as to render the tool momentarily invisible. I can temporarily disable this awesome power by chanting, "Hey, watch this!"

Reply to
B.B.

On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 04:18:32 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner quickly quoth:

Ouch, no, you won't. It's a very good pro-gun piece which is 30 minutes long. Go watch it with a broadband-enabled friend. You'll love it.

The PETA BULLSHIT piece is equally good. I didn't know PETA was against -anyone- owning -any- pets, and I'll bet 95% of their supporters don't, either. And what's their corporate 10x15' walk-in freezer full of, hmmm?

- Interpreted Interpolations Done Dirt Cheap. -----------

Website Application Programming

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I can cause any product or service to go on sale just by purchasing it a week earlier at full price.

Reply to
ff

I have the power to find a missing tool by going out and buying another just like it.

Reply to
RJ

I'm either invisible or can cure blindness. Neighbors who haven't called or waved in a year, are suddenly on the front porch after a crisis. 9-11 sound familiar?

I, so badly, wanted to send them out for all the bananas they could find. Level headed wife nixed that.

Reply to
Andy Asberry

I can make the price of silver or gold go up just by selling some. Likewise, I can make it go down by buying some. [1]

Dave Hinz [1] Note that this power doesn't seem to be working lately; I"m buying, _and_ it's going up.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Whenever I buy any asset (like stocks or silver, which I bought a few years ago), the price of what I just bought always goes down and stays below what I paid, for a while.

Ignoramus29226