When using a dye, should you reverse to dislodge the chips?

This is not a big deal, but...
I just noticed a "Gearwrench" tap and die set that apparently includes a ratcheting handle for cutting threads on a bolt. Looked good, would be
better than releasing and re-gripping the handle, but maybe not if you are supposed to reverse direction in order to break off the chips?
Is there a general consensus for the usual situation, about reversing direction to break off the chips when cutting threads on a bolt?
Thanks.
--

I guess there are higher class ways to cut threads on a bolt than a
typical tap and die set, but indulge me.
John Doe wrote:
That's the way I've been taught to do it, for whatever that's worth.
On Mon, 13 Apr 2020 02:46:22 -0000 (UTC), John Doe

Generally yes, you do need to reverse every now and then to break the chips. The small releifs in a die fill up fast, once full the die cannot cut cleanly. I've never seen a spiral fluted die? I wonder if its even been tried?
Remove 333 to reply. Randy