Where can I buy good used electric motor for my Boyar-Schultz surface grinder 612-H ?

The electric motor is belt-driven to spindle.

The electric motor is belt-driven to spindle.
On Friday, March 13, 2020 at 11:18:05 AM UTC-4, Ted Manktelow wrote:

Where are you located? Have you looked at Craigslist? Ebay?
The last electric motor that I bought came from Diamond Recycling. But not much help unless you live near Philly.
Dan
wrote in message

I use my surface grinder to sharpen endmills, grind shims, etc, jobs that don't require a mirror finish (or can be honed), so an ordinary 1-phase commercial TEFC motor has been good enough. I can't justify the cost of a specially balanced one.
https://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/general-archive/balanced-motor-needed-surface-grinder-77127/
On Friday, March 13, 2020 at 5:55:15 PM UTC-4, Jim Wilkins wrote:

ectric-motor-for-my-boyar-schult-649943-.htm

ed-surface-grinder-77127/
Jim Pentagrid wrote a nice article on balancing a bench grinder. It is not rocket science. He used a small loud speaker with some clay as the vibrat ion pickup. I ordered a couple of acelerametures from China to balance a p ump. They are really cheap ar $1.79 But the virus is keeping them away.
Dan
On 3/13/2020 8:18 AM, Ted Manktelow wrote:

Ask Mark Wieber to steal one for you.