Where can I buy good used electric motor for my Boyar-Schultz surface grinder 612-H ?

The electric motor is belt-driven to spindle.
Reply to
Ted Manktelow
The electric motor is belt-driven to spindle.
Reply to
Ted Manktelow
Where are you located? Have you looked at Craigslist? Ebay?
The last electric motor that I bought came from Diamond Recycling. But not much help unless you live near Philly.
Dan
Reply to
dcaster
"Ted Manktelow"
I use my surface grinder to sharpen endmills, grind shims, etc, jobs that don't require a mirror finish (or can be honed), so an ordinary 1-phase commercial TEFC motor has been good enough. I can't justify the cost of a specially balanced one.

Jim Wilkins
Jim Pentagrid wrote a nice article on balancing a bench grinder. It is not rocket science. He used a small loud speaker with some clay as the vibrat ion pickup. I ordered a couple of acelerametures from China to balance a p ump. They are really cheap ar $1.79 But the virus is keeping them away.
Dan
Reply to
dcaster
Ask Mark Wieber to steal one for you.