Where can I find "inert gas to 3/16 barb " fitting?

I need to find a fitting that has a male inert gas threaded fitting on one side, and 3/16" barb fitting for tubing, on the other side. Any
ideas where I can get one?
thanks
Ignoramus29059 wrote:

Got a picture of one? I have this fitting in a box which might be one. The major diameter of the thread is about 1/2" and the thread looks slightly tapered. But it's British, so it could be something totally different.
Chris
On Sun, 17 Apr 2011 16:34:09 -0500, Ignoramus29059

Do you know a machinist? Buy the threaded fitting, make the barb

Whatever the inert gas is, I think right threaded.
On Sun, 17 Apr 2011 22:50:13 -0500, Ignoramus29059

At the local welding gas supply, Ig, for only ten or twenty bucks apiece if Gunner doesn't have one.

I can just see a person going down to the AIRGAS store and asking for "a basket of right-threaded argon gas, please." <titter>
-- If only he'd wash his neck, I'd wring it. -- John Sparrow

I purchase some at my local Airgas store in janurary, they are only a couple of bucks each.
Best Regards Tom.

Yeah, usually that's the place. If they don't have it on hand, they can get it quick. General Air around here usually has better stock on that stuff, though.
"Inert gas" covers a whole lot of territory here. What sort do you want to hook up, Ig? Argon, CO2, nitrogen, helium, mixtures, something more exotic? Some bottle connections are common among several gas types, some aren't. Having the CGA connection ID number helps a whole lot when skimming through catalogs and listings when looking for fittings. You ARE talking about a bottle connection here, right? If that's the case, you're going to need one whale of a 3/16" hose if you expect it to take full bottle pressure. If it's to the low side of a regulator/ flowmeter, those are usually standard pipe threads at the regulator and a hose barb should be easy to find. If you're trying to set up a TIG or MIG outfit, you'll NEED a flowmeter between tank and welder. The welders don't always come with one. Just guessing on the application there.
Stan
Larry Jaques wrote:

Did they throw you out of the store? They should have.
--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid on it, because it's
Teflon coated.

Call these people. They'll have it.
http://www.arc-zone.com /
Bob
--
== All google group posts are automatically deleted due to spam ==

On Sun, 17 Apr 2011 16:34:09 -0500, Ignoramus29059

Buy a male inert gas threaded fitting and a barb, send them to me and I will silver-braze them together for you. No charge.

Western Enterprises makes all the brass bits we use in welding. If you go to their site
http://www.westernenterprises.com/enterprises/fit_inert.php
and find the part number, you can buy most of their stuff through
www.restockit.com
I just bought some pieces to build a 4 station argon manifold for working off of a liquid argon tank.
Pricing and shipping were great.