Where can I find "inert gas to 3/16 barb " fitting?

I need to find a fitting that has a male inert gas threaded fitting on one side, and 3/16" barb fitting for tubing, on the other side. Any ideas where I can get one?

thanks

Reply to
Ignoramus29059

Got a picture of one? I have this fitting in a box which might be one. The major diameter of the thread is about 1/2" and the thread looks slightly tapered. But it's British, so it could be something totally different.

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

Do you know a machinist? Buy the threaded fitting, make the barb

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Whatever the inert gas is, I think right threaded.

Ignoramus29059

Call these people. They'll have it.

Bob

Reply to
BobW

Buy a male inert gas threaded fitting and a barb, send them to me and I will silver-braze them together for you. No charge.

Reply to
Don Foreman

At the local welding gas supply, Ig, for only ten or twenty bucks apiece if Gunner doesn't have one.

I can just see a person going down to the AIRGAS store and asking for "a basket of right-threaded argon gas, please."

-- If only he'd wash his neck, I'd wring it. -- John Sparrow

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I purchase some at my local Airgas store in janurary, they are only a couple of bucks each.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
azotic

Yeah, usually that's the place. If they don't have it on hand, they can get it quick. General Air around here usually has better stock on that stuff, though.

"Inert gas" covers a whole lot of territory here. What sort do you want to hook up, Ig? Argon, CO2, nitrogen, helium, mixtures, something more exotic? Some bottle connections are common among several gas types, some aren't. Having the CGA connection ID number helps a whole lot when skimming through catalogs and listings when looking for fittings. You ARE talking about a bottle connection here, right? If that's the case, you're going to need one whale of a 3/16" hose if you expect it to take full bottle pressure. If it's to the low side of a regulator/ flowmeter, those are usually standard pipe threads at the regulator and a hose barb should be easy to find. If you're trying to set up a TIG or MIG outfit, you'll NEED a flowmeter between tank and welder. The welders don't always come with one. Just guessing on the application there.

Stan

Reply to
stans4

Western Enterprises makes all the brass bits we use in welding. If you go to their site

and find the part number, you can buy most of their stuff through

I just bought some pieces to build a 4 station argon manifold for working off of a liquid argon tank.

Pricing and shipping were great.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Did they throw you out of the store? They should have.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell