World's Ugliest Car

Crush it, PLEASE!!!!! JR Dweller in the cellar

Reply to
JR North

That doesn't beat the Pontiac Aztek. Can't stand that POS.

Reply to
syoung

Somebody said the Aztek would look perfect painted bright yellow or green, with a guy in coveralls on either side at the back.

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Pete Keillor

I had a 1962 Dodge Polara 500 that makes that thing look beautiful.

-Carl

Reply to
Carl Byrns

Honda element is the absolute ugliest!

Reply to
sparky

Oh, come on, that's nowhere even *close* to being the world's ugliest car: early 1960s Dodge Lancer or Plymouth Belvedere Pontiac Aztec (any model year) Scion (any model year) Honda Element (any model year) every Citroen that's ever been made Mini Cooper (looks like a catfish) Dodge Charger (approx 2000 & later) that horrible East German 3-cylinder 2-cycle piece of crap from the 60s and that's just for starters.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Right behind the Scion thing. ...lew...

Reply to
Lew Hartswick

Now just a minute there. I've had two Citroens and they were very nice "Beautiful" cars. Now they were not 2CVs They were ID 19s one a station wagon. But even the 2CV were whit I called so ugly they were cute. :-)

Way back in the dim dark days of MG the "Minni Cooper" was a real peice of work. I don't know how much of the original iead is still in the new "Cooper" version but performance was the name of the game back then.

...lew... ( a former foreign car enthusiest 1950s to about 70 )

Reply to
Lew Hartswick

Worlds Ugliest Car has to be my old '68 Firebird - "Horibulus Rex".

Now the '68 was a sleek beautiful design, but THIS one came to me from up around Cincinatti (read NOT an Arizona car!). For $500

400 CID, 3 speed, 4:11 rear gears. It would only do about 95 flat out, but only took about 5 seconds to get there.

Damn! that thing could move!

Only the paint held the fenders together - and that didn't last. That car was so rusty it was probably lighter every day.

I eventually found a similar car at a used car lot and sweet talked the guy into letting me take fiberglass splashes off of the back end.

It didn't look so horrible after all the rust was covered up - and I got $750 for it when I sold it - a year later.

Reply to
cavelamb himself

A lot of cars have been listed and not one has mentioned the VW beetle (old or new). Or Ford Pinto. Or AMC Gremlin. Or . . .well, there are waaaaay too many to list just a few.

Wayne

Reply to
NoOne N Particular

Not much uglier than a Trabby either. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Not my cuppa T, but I've had and loved some odd ones over the years too.

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca

Or a '37 Terraplane Brougham (AKA Terrible pain)

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca

Starters? how about the old Rover "granny"? or any number of early Britt cars like the Bond, and half the Reliants.

That limo might be ugly, but it is a long way from a prise-winner in the grand scheme of things.

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca

Ohhhh, geeez, the Gremlin. How could I have forgotten that monstrosity? I used to work with a guy who drove one of those. He used to razz me about my car looking ugly (1968 Dodge Dart -- ugly mostly because it was rusty and dented).

He shut up after I pointed out that at least mine looked like a car, and not a fishbowl.

Reply to
Doug Miller

The fishbowl was the PACER. The gremi just looked like it had not been able to outun the "corporate cutbacks".

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca

I'll take that any day, as long as I get a limo driver to take me around. I think it looks like a Bentley

Tony

My mistake -- you're right, of course -- the fishbowl was the Pacer. Just Googled up a picture of a Gremlin. I *had* forgotten those completely. Yeck.

Reply to
Doug Miller

>> 80127010886QQihZ018QQcategoryZ7251QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Or a Hillman. I had one in high school and it set my social life back about 2 years.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Not much worse than a couple stretched H2's around here Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

The Gremlin wasn't all that bad till they inflated it into the Pacer Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller