WTB - Brass Plate

I need a crowning touch for a gate I made my daughter. I need a brass plate to cover the locking mechanisms. I have been to all the trophy shops and metal shops, but all they have is too thin and flimsy.

I need a piece of flat brass plate at least 6 3/4" x 2", and it has to be thick enough not to bend easily. I would way .090" or better, but preferrably not more than .125" I can cut it down if bigger, and want something that I can polish up and clearcoat. It is going next to a door handle and deadbolt, so want to be able to shine it up.

e mail me.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

for "brass"

Reply to
randy replogle

Reply to
Don Foreman

You might want to stop by Home Cheepo or similar and see if a brass "door kickplate" feels stiff enough for your purposes. They are already polished and coated, but you can remove the coating with paint stripper if you need to refinish the piece after you've cut it and done whatever else you need to do to it.

HTH,

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Reply to
Don Stauffer

You also might want to look at Small Parts Inc.

Search for "brass sheet". They have 0.125" sheet and are a very good supplier of small quantities.

-- Bob (Chief Pilot, White Knuckle Airways)

I d> > I need a crowning touch for a gate I made my daughter. I need a brass plate

Reply to
Bob Chilcoat

best place I have found to buy brass is:

McMurray Metals 214-742-5654 fax 214-748-3305

Reply to
Charles A. Sherwood