Brass plate needed

I need a decorative brass plate that measures about 2" x 6 1/2" to cover up
the gap in the middle of two ornamental metal gates. Anyone have any sites
where I might find such an animal? Can be plain or decorated.
Steve
Reply to
SteveB
Door kickplate at Home Depot/Lowes/etc.
Reply to
Richard J Kinch
Hey Steve,
Can you be a bit more specific? What thickness? Will " about 2" x 6 1/2" " do it, or does it need to be exact? If I have plate, it won't be lacquered, so you'd have to clean and polish it up.
Oh....... and again, location, location, location.
Take care.
Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Reply to
Brian Lawson
Door brass kick panels at Home Despot or Lowes. Cut to fit. JR Dweller in the cellar
SteveB wrote:
Reply to
JR NORTH
Just curious -- are those actually brass?
Jim
Reply to
Jim Wilson
1/8" thick will be sufficient. I am going to pop rivet it onto the gate. All it will do is cover up the space where you can look in and see the latch and deadbolt pins. They have a high polish brass finish handle and deadbolt on there, so would like something that is high gloss to go with it.
Am considering going to a trophy shop, and seeing about having one made. They should have that stock.
Steve
Reply to
SteveB
Jen yoo wine imitation brass coated, I'd imagine.
Steve
Reply to
SteveB
They do have solid brass, yes.
Reply to
Richard J Kinch
Check your local hobby shop.
On line check for K&S metals and Special Shapes
Howard R Garner
Reply to
Howard R Garner
||1/8" thick will be sufficient. I am going to pop rivet it onto the gate. ||All it will do is cover up the space where you can look in and see the latch ||and deadbolt pins. They have a high polish brass finish handle and deadbolt ||on there, so would like something that is high gloss to go with it.
Any home center - HD, Lowes - will have brass kick plates for doors. I haven't seen any that thick though Texas Parts Guy
Reply to
Rex B
has brass in a large variety of sizes and shapes [naturally].
might have something too.
Norm
Reply to
Norm Dresner
Go to an Ace Hardware or a hobby store. They have small sheets of brass, copper, stainless, aluminum, in varous thicknesses. I think they're 4X6. Does it have to be 6.5"?
Reply to
davefr