Metric tap needed

Or someone that can sharpen/grind one. I need a 10 X 1.5 to tap an interference fit hole for a stud in an aluminum casting. The hardware store D8 size things are all that I can find.

Can anyone give me a phone number or web site where I might be able to find what I need?

Thanks Leon...........living in the middle of nowhere Leon@Alluretech - dot - net

Reply to
Leon McAtee

RJ

Reply to
Backlash

Already tried. The smallest they list is D3. Based on my rather crude measurments, and a sample of the studs, I need something like a

-D4 (DU4). Different studs is not a viable option..........nor is Locktight.

Leon Leon@alluretech - dot - net

Snip..

Reply to
Leon McAtee

I would first try metric and multistandard corp, in elmsford NY.

It might not be in their catalog (which I don't have here at home, sorry) but I would call them and ask about it. They probably have a source to special order from.

Jim

jim rozen

Call them. They're very good at locating specials. McMaster will also provide stuff that's not in their catalog if you ask.

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

Widell. Should be around $80 for whatever you want. They will probably want to bill you through a cutting tool distributor. 2-3 day lead time.

michael

Reply to
michael

Thanks for the lead. Looks productive. $80 seem a bit steep, but if that is what it takes to get the job done............................

Reply to
Leon McAtee

It's listed in my (old) catalog.

Kevin Gallimore

Reply to
axolotl

You are welcome. Hope your project goes well.

mj

Reply to
michael