Brass turning

I wonder if anyone can help me please. I make carriage driving whips in small quantities, usually just one or two to order, but we moved house about five years ago. I used to get the whip f
ittings turned for me by a large engineering works but now they are a long way away and they were doing me a favour by handling such a small order and it would be a step too far to put them to the bother of posting as well. D oes anyone know anyone willing to undertake such a task? I usually order ju st a few sets at a time so there is no big money involved. I could make them from soldered sheet brass but it's not a job I like. It s truck me that model engineers might also sometimes need small quantities of brass turning done. Thank-you
Celia
I wonder if anyone can help me please. I make carriage driving whips in small quantities, usually just one or two to order, but we moved house about five years ago. I used to get the whip fittings turned for me by a large engineering works but now they are a long way away and they were doing me a favour by handling such a small order and it would be a step too far to put them to the bother of posting as well. Does anyone know anyone willing to undertake such a task? I usually order just a few sets at a time so there is no big money involved. I could make them from soldered sheet brass but it's not a job I like. It struck me that model engineers might also sometimes need small quantities of brass turning done. Thank-you
1. Whereabouts in the country are you?
2. Will you be supplying the brass?
On Sunday, 15 September 2013 19:50:49 UTC+1, gareth wrote:

I'm in Wiltshire near Frome. Getting brass is no problem.
Celia
On 15/09/13 21:03, snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com wrote:

I'm in Trowbridge. Email is real, send details/photo/sample?
Buggy whips, eh?
-- Peter Fairbrother
On Sunday, 15 September 2013 21:33:49 UTC+1, Peter Fairbrother wrote:

Trowbridge isn't far away, I live in Maiden Bradley. I'll send you an email. Thanks
Celia
On Monday, 16 September 2013 10:56:43 UTC+1, snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com wrote:

For some reason I can't get your email (I hate new google-groups) My real email is c_a_blay @hotmail.com (remove space to get it to work) Drop me a blank email and I'll send photos.
Celia
On 16/09/13 11:12, snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@zen.co.uk
-- Peter Fairbrother
wrote in message

If there is no great money involved why don't you get your (presumably satisfactory) company to make up a larger batch to meet your anticipated needs in the next few years thus making the order worthwhile to them.
AWEM
On Sunday, 15 September 2013 20:11:01 UTC+1, Andrew Mawson wrote:

wo

ong

and

They did a great job but the fittings that I had made for around 200 hav e lasted me for five years as most of my work is restoration which doesn't need fittings. If I upped the order I could indeed ask them but as I'm almo st 70 would I live long enough to use them all?
Celia
wrote in message

Think positive thoughts and you will :)
AWEM
On Sunday, 15 September 2013 21:25:25 UTC+1, Andrew Mawson wrote:
If I upped the order I could indeed ask them but as I'm

Well I suppose my heirs could always sell them if traditional whip-makers don't become extinct when I die. I could always make my fortune by taking up offers to make other types of whips.
Celia