Dutch Oven Table

I like to cook in my Dutch oven. Last night, I did a boneless pork sirloin
roast with vegetables and gravy. It was great.
I don't like bending over. So, I want to build a table where I can do all
this at table height.
Anyone know of any sites with plans? Ever built one of these?
Main considerations are: plate to sit ovens on while they cook; wind screen
all around; some sort of chimney device to start coals; hangers for lid
tools and pot holders; three point whatzzitt to sit lid on while checking on
contents. It probably would be as easy just to use the chimney I have and
tuck it in a corner. I think I'll make it on nice tires, with handles so I
can move it in and out.
Or, maybe, like other projects, I'll visit the local steel dealer, buy some
rems and drops, and fabricate it as I go. Then want to change something,
and sell that one to an admirer............... I've done that on a few
projects. Sell the ones that don't pass the R & D phase.
Help or tips appreciated.
Steve
Reply to
Steve B
Steve,
Why not build a forge and then simply park the dutch oven in it?
Vernon
Reply to
Vernon
No metal content on my suggestions! We used to do this for scout camps where we had a long term base camp:
4 vertical posts on about 2'x4' pattern, 2 cross pieces on the short short side, row of 6' pieces to make a platform. Add several inches of dirt in the middle, rocks for sides, wire grid or old (shot up) road sign for a grill. Light fire, work from whichever side was upwind. Place to set your supplies on the sides, fire for dutch oven, grid/plate for cooking the rest. We got LOTS of positive comments from anyone who came by.
Steve B wrote:
Reply to
RoyJ