Brass Name Plates

Where can I find the shiny little brass plates that trophy shops glue to plaques and trophies? I looked at some of the my regular metal vendors, and they are stupid expensive for brass sheet and I would still have to cut it which would make it much harder to engrave.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

"Bob La Londe" wrote in news:he1u9s$ulo$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

Google "Trophy Supplies" and you'll find a lot of them.

HTH!

Reply to
RAM³

ebay item # 110398782270

Reply to
rangerssuck

I know you don't want to cut it, but Home Depot sells solid brass door kickplates. Maybe you have a local architectural recycling place?

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

Anything like that the HD sells, especially steel sheet and aluminum shapes in the hardware section are some of the most overpriced stuff around.

Reply to
CalifBill

McMaster-Carr may sell blanks. Otherwise there are lots of places that sell engraving supplies.

Reply to
Mike Henry

I once got a brass nameplate for a coffin for my GF's dog, who had to be put down when she got doggy lymphoma at about age 14.

I found one at a kiosk in a large mall, and they even engraved it for me. Then I had to go to the model train place to get some #2 brass wood screws.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise