Sources for brass rod

Where could I get small diameter brass rod for an antenna project?

Reply to
stryped

Pretty much any hobby shop sells brass and aluminum shapes in lengths up to

3'.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Hello there, try your nearest B&Q outlet,they should stock brass rod up to 3/8 approx. John.

Reply to
john.morton22

Umm, a brass rod supplier ?

-- Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines

Dave Baker

What is a "hobby shop" I mean, what do they sell? I live in a fairly small town and not even sure I have one.

Reply to
stryped

Model railroad and plastic model kits. They usually have a display with brass tubing and rod and other goodies.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Probably thinking of a K&S display. I don't think you mentioned the diameter you're looking for. K&S is a supplier of metal rods, tubing & sheet, I believe they have a sister "Special Shapes". Many small hardware stores carry K&S as well, brands here "Ace Hardware", and the "Do it Best" brand.

And you can order it on line of course.

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com said the following on 1/14/2005 11:05 AM:

Reply to
John Hofstad-Parkhill

If you can be happy with short sections, why not use brazing rod? It is tougher than brass and readily available. You likely have some kind of welding supply in your town, or a nearby one.

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

Is brazing rod pure brass? Does it have a coating on it?

Reply to
stryped

stryped is acting more and more like a troll. Asking amazing simple questions like, whats a hobby shop, or where to buy brass rod, to keep his thread going.

Someone else also pointed out that he asked all the same questins in another news group and came to see us when they determined he was a troll.

so in my opinion we should stop feeding the troll. If he really wants to build an antenna, he should get some of the ARRL antenna books and do it. come to use when you have some real METALWORKING questions.

chuck

Reply to
Charles A. Sherwood

I am not a troll will you stop saying that. The last time I checked this was a metal working group and my question was concerning where I could get brass rod. I assume brass rod is a metal.

And just because I dont have any "hobby shops" around me and did not know what one was does not mean I am a troll either. If you dont want to answer my posts then dont read them.

Reply to
stryped

Dear God man... there's isn't a person alive who doesn't know brass is a metal.

If you were an honest person you wouldn't be here, you'd have gone to a) local hardware or crafts store, b) yellow pages if you don't know a store offhand, or c) drove to the nearest bigger town to find it. That said, bugger off troll.

Tim

Tim Williams

I have been to the hardware store. I was asking because I did not know if brass rod was a common material you could buy and I did not know where to buy it. Like I said before, if you do not like my legitimate questions then please ignore them.

Reply to
stryped