WTB - Clausing 6300 series lathe parts

Hello, I'm looking for a 6300 lathe gearbox, compound, and about every handle or lever from the machine. Any leads appreciated. I would like to save this older lathe.
Thanks, Ed
email to snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com
Eddie wrote:

It sounds like you should be asking for a lathe that's suffered an accident to the ways, so you can strip it for parts.
Question: if someone liked your lathe little enough to strip it, why do you have confidence that it'll be a nice machine when you're done?
--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services
Tim Wescott wrote:

Sounds to me like it fell on it's face and broke everything this side of the bed

    Have you checked with Clausing Service Center?
    Call: 1-(574)-533-0371 and be prepared with the serial number and model number of the lathe. They will sell you a photocopied manual appropriate to your machine, and send along a list of parts still in stock with prices.
    However, if you need that much, you may be facing a pretty steep bill. It all depends on how important that machine is to you.
    Of course, you *could* spend a few years haunting eBay and find them all.
    Some other parts from earlier/later machines may fit -- in particular the compound. I've got a spare compound for my 5418 (large enough spindle hole to allow a 5C collet closer to work), and the spare has smaller dials, so I think that it was for an earlier machine with smaller spindle bore.
    Good Luck,         DoN.