WTB Lasso herbicide

Guys,

I've made my living for 30 years growing. I've been told by my consultant (for the whole state) that I'm the best grower in MN. Part of that is herbicide evaluation. There's not a combination I haven't evaluated. Trust me, I know that nothing is as good as Lasso. I can go to to other options at a reduction in yeild and an increase in hand weeding labor.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

This is all very strange and I wish I had time to track it down. Monsanto currently lists Intrro and Micro-Tech on its product list. Why they would leave it on their website and not supply it is beyond me. This isn't your corner grocer's website.

Good luck. I usually stay away from chemistry of any kind, but this one is kind of interesting. One lawsuit lost in FroggyLand doesn't seem like enough to shut it down, and the MSDS's for all three sound pretty benign.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

OK< the strangeness gets stranger. I tried the supplier list on the Monsanto site, called the first NJ dealer I found, and they say they have 900 gallons of Intrro. They stopped carrying Micro-Tech because it's the same thing. No Lasso.

Maybe you want to try the same where you are. Here's the NJ dealer, FWIW:

CPS NORTHEST DIV BRIDGETON Location Address:

471 LANDIS AVE BRIDGETON, NJ 08302 Mailing Address: 471 LANDIS AVE BRIDGETON, NJ 08302 Ph: (856) 451-1720 Fax: (856) 451-1686

That's about 5 miles from where I was born. That's NJ's truck-farm country.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Karl, don't get hopes up too high, yet, but I talked to another (mostly retired) producer this morning at the coffee shop (aka 'the intellectual center' in local parlance). He's got some Lasso that likely could spare some--he's thinking about what he might want to let go of...

How much would you want--he's got an unbroken pallet plus an unknown number otoh of jugs...

In SW KS, of course...

Reply to
dpb

On 08/16/2014 9:31 AM, Ed Huntress wrote: ...

My supposition is it was the conviction that opens the door for others against the product that Monsanto figured was best to simply remove that brand name since had INTRRO as alternate.

I don't know/understand/grok the thing of inventory for a listed product on the Monsanto site, either, though, for sure...

Reply to
dpb

Take a look at the MSDS for Intrro and for Lasso, and you'll scratch your head over that one, too.

This is the kind of thing that makes me want to bite through my harness and get the story.

When I talked to the NJ supplier, their reactions was, by tone of voice but not in words, "well, of course we have Intrro..."

Ya' got me.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

It comes five gallon to the case. I'd like four cases but would be glad for whatever he has.

Reply to
Karl Townsend

THANKS for the lead Ed.

Makes sense its still found in truck farm country. They (we) are the ones using it.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

But how it can be Monsanto's fault the guy stuck his head in the tank (apparently) while cleaning his sprayer is a gotcha', too...

I know, they're pretty benign with any common-sense precautions at all.

It's why I made the comparison to the Hitachi contractor saw incident--you can't warning label against stupidity. (Seems like that one happened in NJ, maybe???)

Reply to
dpb

It'll probably be first of week 'til see him again. Another fella' mentioned the following outfit apparently is good for some of the discontinued stuff. I know nothing of them other than that and that they do say so on the web site --

Reply to
dpb

I'll have Milady call here and where Ed said on Monday and let you know if I get lucky. "Get lucky" meant something else years ago :)

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Sounds like a plan...I'll just wait to hear something more before any other activity...

Reply to
dpb

JOY!!!!!!

Ed, thanks so much. You're my hero, even if you do vote for democrats.

Now, find me some original tap majic, some kasenite, and some Tri-clor :)

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

BTW, even with the high ship cost and higher price, Lasso will cost $55/acre/year for near perfect weed control. Or $550/15 gallons

I was looking at buying Spartan ($600/gal), Chateau ($400/gal) and Prowl H20 ($40/gal) to try and replace it. Cost $200/acre/year for less control.

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Great news, Karl! May your weeds die a sudden and painful death.

As for the other stuff, forgeddaboudit. If I find it, I'm keeping it. d8-)

I have about 1/3 of a can of original Tap Magic (1971), 3/4 can of Kasenit (1978 -- but isn't that still available?), and about 1/4 of a half-pint jar of carbon tet (for turning *really* hard steel -- 1965). I sealed the Tap Magic with a glob of silicone putty and the carbon tet with multiple wraps of heat-shrink electrical tape.

They probably will still be there when they plant me in the ground. I try everything else first.

BTW, I used to go through a quart of carbon tet every year. Dissolve as much paraffin wax in it as you can, and it's the best dry-fly dope for fly fishing. Some part of my innards must be dissolved by now. Or maybe I'm just preserved.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Got room in your will? Of course, then I may have to kill you :)

Kasenite is one of the more recent items to join the list of unobtainium.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Hoooley cow! I've had a small glass of Chateau Lafite-Rothschild wine. and that was around $1,000/liter, but any weed killer called "Chateau" that costs $400/gal. had better be a damned good vintage.

BTW, that wine was paid for by a major machine-tool builder. Now you know why machine tools cost so much.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Ooh, sad news. I used that stuff a lot.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

BUMMER!!!!

The vendor just called back and won't sell it to me after all. They have it, i'm not good enough.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Well, I *ALMOST* got some then they cancelled to order.

could you try your contact?

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend