Looking for square socket T-wrench

We've got a fairly decent 16" Victor lathe in the shop (oops, make that 400mm...) with a square indexing tool turret. There is no proper
T-handle wrench for the square head screws to secure tools, I use a 7/16 wrench. Have tried finding one here in AU, but boy, not much of a selection in real machine shop tools so far. Just burned 20 minutes trying to find one at MSC in the online catalog, no joy.
Anyone know if MSC carries such? If so, a part number would be great! Or does anyone have one they could ship to my folks in the next couple days? Can PP funds from my US account. My folks have a package of stuff ready to ship to me, so if I can't get one to them within a few days, will just keep on with what I'm using now. Hell, I'll settle for a 7/16 square socket, I can take it from there.
Regards from Down Under,
Jon

How about an 8 point socket...MSC has them...

11mm wrenches usually fit 7/16" heads.

Jon, you're not looking very hard. I did ONE search -- "7/16" square socket T-handle wrench"
https://www.etsy.com/listing/174578938/vintage-rare-lathe-toolpost- wrench-006? utm_source=google&utm_medium=product_listing_promoted&utm_campaign=vintag e-low- other&gclid=Cj0KEQjwmayfBRDo25CR9un4hvEBEiQAv9fBbcADyyYE_n53NWxxeKFSSMQvr 4ZUgg3rxbvLW9Nmnt8aAg8m8P8HAQ
Lloyd
On Wednesday, August 13, 2014 10:46:47 AM UTC-4, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:

+1 for that. Every once in a while I get reminded that if you can't get it from McMaster, you probably don't need it.
On Wednesday, August 13, 2014 10:02:32 AM UTC-4, Rick wrote:

You beat me to it. an 8-point socket, an extension and a t-handle would be my choice.
On Wed, 13 Aug 2014 23:44:51 +1000, Jon Anderson

=================http://tinyurl.com/p8hop9u http://tinyurl.com/k9dezvy
--
Unka' George

"Gold is the money of kings,
On Wed, 13 Aug 2014 11:16:29 -0500, F. George McDuffee

Yeah, $35 for the wrench (!) and $75 to ship it to Oz. I think Luna Air(less) Freight is cheaper.
--
If I have learnt anything, it is that life forms no logical patterns.
It is haphazard and full of beauties which I try to catch as they

8 point sockets are fairly readily available and work just fine on the 4 point (square head) setscrews.A socket, an extention, and a sliding "T" handle and you are all set. Epoxy them together (or weld) if you can't manage to keep all 3 parts in the same place without.
On Wed, 13 Aug 2014 23:44:51 +1000, Jon Anderson

You want the female version? Mill one from a 3/8" drive extension after some blue-wrench softening? Ditto for drilling the opposite end.
--
If I have learnt anything, it is that life forms no logical patterns.
It is haphazard and full of beauties which I try to catch as they
On 8/14/2014 10:59 AM, Larry Jaques wrote: > You want the female version? Mill one from a 3/8" drive extension > after some blue-wrench softening? Ditto for drilling the opposite > end.
Yeah, well if I had a real machine shop to play with, I would have just made one. Let's just say that for anything more complex than cutting a key slot or turning bushings, I have to get very creative.
And once again, I replied direct to a poster instead of using followup. Rick suggested an 8 point socket. Well, I'd shipped over some basic tools, including all my socket stuff under 1/2" drive. Among all that, were three 8 point sockets. I've never used them and forgot I even had them, but his post jogged my memory. Yup, had a 7/16!
Jon
On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 16:13:35 +1000, Jon Anderson

Oh, you're waiting for your cargo containerized shop, aren't you? Sorry.

Excellent!
--
If I have learnt anything, it is that life forms no logical patterns.
It is haphazard and full of beauties which I try to catch as they
On 8/15/2014 9:28 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Yeah, probably a year before I can bring my stuff over, and it'll just go straight into storage here, but at least I'll be able to get at things. Then still have to put up a proper shop. Making some good connections here. A guy at work will help me do up forms for the slab, and his son will do the finish work on the concrete real reasonable. Probably get a shop in a kit and have a shop raising part. Get a few guys from work over, and we could knock it up in a weekend easy.
But not bringing any machinery. Had nowhere to store machines there. Shouldn't be too difficult to find a decent 5C capable lathe. But most of the mills I see here have either Morse or NMTB tapers. Have only seen one Bridgeport with R8.
Jon
On Fri, 15 Aug 2014 16:48:55 +1000, Jon Anderson

It's good that you're making friends and gaining conspirators. ;)

Never heard of non-metallic tubercular tapers. <groan> I'm surprised that the stuff in Oz isn't, um, Whitworth.
--
If I have learnt anything, it is that life forms no logical patterns.
It is haphazard and full of beauties which I try to catch as they
Larry Jaques submitted this idea :

Due to our adapability we can and do put up with every known measurement and thread form. Whitworth, BSP, ASP, SAE, Metric, British standard Cycle, BA and whatever else. :-Z

My first car -'50 Austin Cambridge - had an oil leak from the timming cover at the front end of the crank shaft/starting crank dog clutch. Not familiar with the rope trick, I removed the oil pan with combination wrenches (on end, with a screwdriver through the closed end), for the bolts between the pan and the bell housing; and blocked the crank with a 2x4 in order to remove the nut/clutch. Needless to say, these hex heads developed screwdriver slots before reassembly. I may still have a few Whitworth wrenches but I have been in my present location for 30 years, so God knows where the might be, certainly not treadily available.
--

Gerry :-)}
London,Canada
On Wednesday, August 13, 2014 6:44:51 AM UTC-7, Jon Anderson wrote:

Should we expect "oops, make that 11mm" in regards to the turret fastener?
On 8/14/2014 1:27 PM, whit3rd wrote:

Nope, they've been using a 7/16 combo wrench, which works fine. But a T-handle would be faster when changing tools.
Jon