Looking for older Craftsman combination wrench

I broke a wrench from my friend's set and would like to replace it. What I want is a 1 1/4" Craftsman combination wrench model E-40618. Unfortunately the wrench is no longer available from Sears. Does someone have one they are willing to part with? I live in western Canada. snipped-for-privacy@shaw.ca

Reply to
Jim

Can't help with a new wrench but there's got to be a story behind breaking an 1-1/4" wrench! Care to share it with us?

Reply to
MetalCutter

Hey Jim,

Not exactly, but I have a Craftsman V-43934, which is a double box 12 point, with 1-1/4" box on one end and 1-1/16" box on the other. These wrenches are rarely used open ended, so maybe that would do. If it is to replace a wrench from a "set", sorry!!

Take care. Good Luck.

Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario. N0P 1C0

ps... what happened to break this...they are pretty "healthy" tools!!??

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX >I broke a wrench from my friend's set and would like to replace it.

Reply to
Brian Lawson

Well!..."broke" needs to be clarified. I sacrificed the wrench to make a crowfoot wrench which I needed "now" at midnight to deal with a coolent supply pipe nut in the back of a MBE900 of a schoolbus. Yes it was a mother to cut, drill and file a 3/8" socket hole but it made a fine crowfoot and the bus was repaired and on the job first thing in the morning. Had it been during the day I would have done things differently. Now I need to replace a borrowed wrench.

Reply to
Jim

You're no fun! I demanded to be with a friend of mine that returned a broken 3/4" breaker-bar to Sears. The salesman produced a new one but wouldn't let go until my friend confessed to using an 8' pipe on it.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Well your name certainly goes on my list of people that I should never loan tools to.... Wish I could help - - Ken.

Reply to
Ken Sterling

The closest that I can find on eBay is auction #4302255713, which claims to be *new*, so it probably is not the same model number. You could try contacting him to ask what number in engraved in it. He's got a buy-now on it of $18.99, and about half that as a starting price.

Feedback is still $100%, FWIW.

Good Luck, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols