Looking for

Hello, this is my first post here. I am looking for one or two (preferably) RCMP car(s) made by Busch (in HO scale). If anyone knows where I might be able to acquire them, I would certainly appreciate the help. Please respond in the group, thank you.

Reply to
Brian Smith

(preferably)

Dunno about Busch, but there are three different vehicles by Trident Miniatures on the Walthers website:

Unfortunately, there are no pictures, though.

-- Bill McC.

Reply to
Bill McCutcheon

Hi Brian;

I picked up two of these little beauties when they came out last year; at least I think it was about a year or so ago. At the time, the owner of the hobby shop I deal with here in Ottawa told me it was a limited run Busch was doing for the Canadian market, and that he was told not to expect it to be re-run. Sure enough, a browse through Busch's website does not list this item.

Your best bet may be to check out the Canadian hobby shop listings on the NMRA's "World Wide Directory of Web Pages". It's possible some hobby shop may have it in stock. Good luck.

Garth Allen Ottawa, ON

(preferably)

Reply to
Garth Allen

Thanks Bill, I'll check them out.

Reply to
Brian Smith

I appreciate the help Garth, thank you.

Reply to
Brian Smith

Hi Brian;

Further to my previous post: (which was from my home computer)

If it's any help, Busch's product number for this item is 49006. They call it "Ford Crown RCMP Polizei Kanada".

I spoke to my local hobby shop this morning, and the owner said when these cars first came out, none of the Canadian distributors he dealt with (and he's been in business over 50 years) had them. He had to order them through Walthers.

He said at the time these cars were produced, Disney was handling all of the RCMP's promotional business. Thank goodness that fiasco didn't last too long. Good luck, Brian.

Garth Allen, Ottawa, ON

Reply to
allergy

I was told the same thing by the guys at Maritime Hobbies & Crafts here in Halifax. I fired off an e-mail to Busch this morning, and received a response back within minutes. Unfortunately, it appears that I may be out of luck, unless I stumble across someone willing to part with one. But, if my luck for this quest is the same as my luck with lottery tickets, well you know the rest ;^)

Thanks again, Garth.

Reply to
Brian Smith