Looking for specific Lionel/Learning Curve (Brio compatible) train car

I guess this is a "WTB". I am looking for a couple of specific Lionel brand name, made by Learning Curve train cars that are Brio/Thomas compatible. I was told by Learning Curve that they discontined their Lionel line of this type. There are two different cars I am looking for. They are both coach type cars, and when you press the top of them a light goes on inside the coach (they use a battery). One is a bigger car than the other and has a double set of wheels. I'm going by memory here, but I think the smaller car is tan(brown)&white, and the bigger car is red&silver. If anyone has any of these that might be for sale, or knows where they might be found, I would appreciate any leads. Even if you might just be able to tell me the names of the cars I'm looking for would be helpful. A search on the net, including ebay, didn't produce anything. Thanks much.

Joe snipped-for-privacy@ameritech.net

Reply to
Joe Magiera

Here in the fingerlakes region, I have seen some of those sets in A.C. Moore craft stores and Toys'R'Us. They might have a few hidden in their warehouses.

Bob McConnell N2SPP .

Reply to
Bob McConnell

Joe wrote; I guess this is a "WTB". I am looking for a couple of specific Lionel brand name, made by Learning Curve train cars that are Brio/Thomas compatible. I was told by Learning Curve that they discontined their Lionel line of this type. There are two different cars I am looking for. They are both coach type cars, and when you press the top of them a light goes on inside the coach (they use a battery). One is a bigger car than the other and has a double set of wheels. I'm going by memory here, but I think the smaller car is tan(brown)&white, and the bigger car is red&silver. If anyone has any of these that might be for sale, or knows where they might be found, I would appreciate any leads. Even if you might just be able to tell me the names of the cars I'm looking for would be helpful. A search on the net, including ebay, didn't produce anything.

Hobby Surpus Sales (div. of Amato Hobbies) might have what you want:

Lionel sometimes offers discontinued items in their "store":

History of N Scale:
Railroad Bookstore:
to 1,000 sites:

Bill