Looking for blueprints Horten Ho229

Hello,

I am looking for materia labout the Horten Ho229 flying wing interceptor / fighter-bomber from WW2. Anyone able to give me some hints how to get google or any other search engine to spit out more than addresses to the Mongram model of that plane? I want to build a foamed plastics / balsa/plywood model 1:10 scale of it. Nothing quick, I'm planning longterm, as I currently focus on ships.

Help, Ideas or everything else warmly welcome.

Reply to
Ruediger

Try asking here

The Natural Philosopher

No plans here, but it's a good site for general information:

Geoff Sanders

Holas!

Many thanks to you two! The site with the Nurfügel-planes seems to be very helpful, as there seems to be a company that has the rights on the original Horten-designs, so I may try and contact them. RC-Groups I got often directed to, but I am very timid about registering there. Seems like I have to do it one day, anyway. I simply disdain communities based on http:// frontends =)

Thank you very much, pals - one of you actually having some knowledge in shipbuilding, too? I got a couple of questions about submarines and large-scale modeling......

Yay!

Reply to
Ruediger

"Ruediger" wrote

We/they will not eat you ;-)

You could also try

Vriendelijke groeten ;-) Ron van Sommeren

14th. int. electric RC fly-in, June 25, Nijmegen, Netherlands see
Ron van Sommeren

Found something here, 82" and 72" versions with retracts:

Max

If you have (or can provide ) a 3 view, Frank J. Marcie Jr. can draw up CAD plans for you. He did a Transavia PL-12 Airtruk (Skyfarmer) for me. He charges ABOUT $15 - $20 per foot of model wingspan.

Hope this is of some help.

Reply to
Ted Campanelli

With the Monogram / Revell Modell I have a near-perfect model od the Horten Ho229.

Pitily it is that the model is so tiny and that I do need some help about how to get electric impellers suiteably mounted for a well balanced flight. With the original plans or something similar I would have an estimation where the original had its weight - and thus get much quicker a balanced model :/ Plus, huh.. 1m = 3 ft roughly ... 1.5 meter thus about 5 ft.. =) would be a little costly for me. I do most models with funds limited to about 20 to 50 dollar ... Or Euro , in my case.

I'll store the address - Asking doesn't hurt I think.

Thank you very much for your k> Ted shuffled out of his cave and grunted these great (and sometimes not

Reply to
Ruediger

Yay! HolyMoly!

THAT is what I needed! With those blueprints I'll be able to reshape a styrofoamed board for minimum weight and then use polyethylene foil on it for maximum durability! Mooo! Wow! Thanks!

*CUDDDDLEESSSS*

You don't have such a ressource for the Graf Zeppelin aircraft-carrier of germany in WW2 handy?

Ahh.. Neverm> Found something here, 82" and 72" versions with retracts:

Reply to
Ruediger

That Horten Ho229 is a beautiful ship! I might get me a set of plans also.

Reply to
Max

Here are some drawings for the ribs, and the build site for a 2.4 mete

HO229

|Filename: horten.zip |Download:

radiohound