Litco Alpha 4 Charger

The order list on their web site says the order list is closed. Then down in the body of the page it says all orders placed prior to closing will be shipped according to schedule. Normally when the list was closed on order day they gave the next order opening. Does any one know their status?

Reply to
IFLYJ3

| The order list on their web site says the order list is closed. Then | down in the body of the page it says all orders placed prior to closing | will be shipped according to schedule. Normally when the list was | closed on order day they gave the next order opening. Does any one know | their status?

I don't get why anybody buys the Alpha 4 chargers anymore.

The only thing they do that other chargers don't do better is charging up to 4 RX and TX packs at once, and they're a very expensive way of doing that. My `Hobbico R/C mlti-charger (LXL331)' was only $30, and it can charge four batteries at once as well, and at similar rates to the Alpha 4. The only thing missing is peak charging, but at low rates like that, peak charging isn't so important. And as for cycling and such, I rarely feel the need to cycle more than one pack at once, and so my Triton does that just fine.

If they could do more than 1 amp *total* between all ports, or could also do LiPo packs, I would see more of a demand, but those are some pretty big limitations. That and the price (though at least they've come down from $300 to $259 recently.)

To actually attempt (but fail) to answer your question,

says `The next list opening will be announced shortly', but that page hasn't been updated since

11/05/05. Sounds like they're taking a break, perhaps a long one. Perhaps you should send them an email and ask?

If you really want one, I'd suggest checking rcgroups, ebay and similar places. They don't show up on Ebay much any more, but the last one sold for only $167. People used to buy them and turn around and immediately sell them for a profit on ebay, but those days appear to be over.

Reply to
Doug McLaren