HLJ Japan problem

Does any one else have trouble with the HLJ confirmation procedure when ordering? I ordered the two 1/48 Hasegawa AV-8B Harriers a month ago. They were not in stock.Went to there site two weeks ago and the site said the they were in stock (Green Block). Went to my account and told them I would like them sent. I don't think that I should have had to confirm and tell them to send the order when I already told them that when I ordered them in the first place. Now I go to my account and it says that they back ordered and that the order is open. The problem seems to be having to contact them again to re-confirm that you really wanted what you said you wanted in the first place when you ordered. Just a really crappy system. Steve

Reply to
Steve Jahn

I ordered a Star Wars Jedi Fighter and TIE fighter in early Dec (first week I think) and received the kits prior ro the Christmas holidays. I was rather impressed with the service from Japan to Boston in a couple of weeks. Rob Gronovius Visit my motor pool in the

gallery

Reply to
Rob Gronovius

You DON'T have to tell them to send the order. They do it automatically. It just takes a little while for them to do it if they have a lot of other orders to handle at the same time -- like if they receive a large shipment of some really popular kits, and have a huge pile of orders that were just waiting for those kits to arrive.

The exception is if your order also contains other stuff that still isn't in stock, and you had told them to wait until everything's in stock before shipping the order. If you change your mind and want all the in-stock stuff to ship without waiting for the rest, you have to tell them so. Again, if they're busy it may take them a few days to start packing your order.

Reply to
Wayne C. Morris

Hi all,

There has been the small matter of international holidays and whilst the Japanese don't necessarily do Christmas, believe it or not HLJ do close occasionally :-)

I ordered a couple of Tamiya kits on December 19th they were delivered to UK on Saturday 3rd January

If you ordered out of stock items, this does slow everything down.

Personally I have never had a problem with HLJ they are one of the better online merchants.

Happy modelling Ant Phillips 'Standing on the shoulders of giants'

Reply to
Ant Phillips

I've heard that although only 5% of Japanese are christians, the celebration of Christmas (in the special time of year, gift giving, feasting, family gathering sense) is huge there.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Hiett

Steve,

I have been dealing with Scott and HLJ since he started. While at times things can get a bit mixed up, I think if you pay attention to what the web site says and use your e-mail address and password to make corrections and trace your orders things. will work out OK.

Your message is dated 1/5 and that means that the two weeks ago you refer to in your message would have reached HLJ sometime around the 22-23 of Dec.

The HLJ holiday schedule was clearly posted on the web site during this time frame and it stated that they would NOT be processing orders during much of the time frame between the 21st or so and around now. I think you are a bit premature in your criticism of HLJ. You did find out the kits were out of stock. Then if you had read the clearly posted holiday schedule on their web site, you should have known you were not going to get anything until after the holiday period ended.

My guess is you probably have received something in the way of explanation by now, but if not why not try again.

Norm

Reply to
Norm Filer

I do know that they were closed until 1/4/04 for the holidays. Not sure when they closed down, but I would imagine that it was around 12/23-12/24.

I've never had a problem with them either. I got an order >Does any one else have trouble with the HLJ confirmation procedure when

Reply to
Barry

Reply to
Steve Jahn