Litco Alpha 4........

At the swap meet.(Weatherford TX) I guess they are not THE hot item anymore. I had $600 in my pocket and only spent $9 on hardware. I was tempted though. CG 10-300 Ultimate with an OS 91FX and servos. I could tell the center section of the wing had been repaired. $150. Top Flite P40E kit $100. Kinda regret not getting that. Was fun. mk

Reply to
Storm's Hamburgers

Did you forget to mention anything about the Alpha 4 as that was your subject?

Dan T.

Storm's Hamburgers wrote:

Reply to
IFLYJ3

There was one there in a box for sale, no one seemed to want it. I guess if they are in a swap meet than you don't have to wait in line any more for one. mk

Reply to
Storm's Hamburgers

Maybe not HOT, but warm enough to have this on the Litco web page concerning orders:

"The order list is closed. The next list opening will be announced shortly. When the list opens please place your order via email only.

Reply to
Red Scholefield

I should have stopped and talked to the guy but I had my wife with me so I was scanning for "bargins". Red, does the Alpha 4 do Li-poly? mk

Reply to
Storm's Hamburgers

Thanks Storm for the report.

Red,

That has been on the Litco site for a long time. It is normally opened within a week from the last order date opening. I have been checking it for a while and it remains closed. Each may interpret that as they wish about that situation.

Dan Thomps> Maybe not HOT, but warm enough to have this on the Litco web page concerning > orders:

Reply to
IFLYJ3

| Maybe not HOT, but warm enough to have this on the Litco web page concerning | orders: | | "The order list is closed. The next list opening will be announced | shortly. When the list opens please place your order via email | only.

Of course, that page hasn't even been updated since November 05, 2005 according to their web server. It looks like he's just not making very many of them anymore. (Not that he was ever making very many, but it appears that he's making even fewer now.)

They seem to be going for $160 or so on Ebay., but don't show up very often.

And to answer the question asked in another post, no, the Alpha 4 doesn't do LiPoly. That, and the 1 amp maximum charge rate for all four ports combined, the high price and the difficulty of actually getting one all conspire to make people buy other chargers.

Ultimately, the only thing special about the Alpha 4 is the four seperate ports, and even that's not that special anymore. Perhaps it was the charger to have a few years ago, but now lots of chargers with more features and fewer limitations available for less money, so ...

If he could update the firmware to do LiPo too, and allow it to charge at a higher rate, it would compete better with the new chargers on the market, but I don't see much evidence of this happening.

Reply to
Doug McLaren