Any interestt in aircraft techniques books?

Ive got a first addition copy of Aircraft Welding by L.S. Elzea

Book is in pretty darned good condition, no noticible tears, no stains the cover and its gold (gilt) printing is in excellent shape. Id rate it, if it were a gun..about 98%

Book is filled with text and photographs of the actual how to do..of welding aircraft frames and similar assemblies together. And how to design and layout such assemblies. I believe this was printed for the war effort as a master welding guide in ....the Introduction is from Chris Beech, and the next page is a request from the Boeing company for such a book in the war effort.

Anyone have any interest in this? Ill give you a 3 day inspection if you would like.

I also have 21+ absolutely MINT volumes of a matched series of books on Aircraft mechanics, pneudraulics, drafting, Aerodymanics and Flight etc etc by the " International Library, International Textbook Company, Scranton PA

According to Wiki...they were correspondence course books.

The books in The International Library of Technology were published by I.T.C. These books were bound volumes of the course materials for the more than 240 courses offered. These books were used and made available in at least 184 Colleges (Including The U.S. Military Academy at West Point and Cornell University) and at least 649 Public Libraries.[4]

Absolutely mint..brand new condition. From my private collection.

Gunner

One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not agree that "violence begets violence." I told him that it is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure

- and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.

- Jeff Cooper

Reply to
Gunner

Like everything else in life, it depends entirely on the price...

Reply to
Richard

Make me an offer I cant refuse.

Gunner

One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not agree that "violence begets violence." I told him that it is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure

- and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.

- Jeff Cooper

Reply to
Gunner

Send them over - prepaid freight. If I like them I'll keep em?

Reply to
Richard

I'm interested if they show how to build one of these:

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

I'm interested if the price is right. Be good for our chapter library - I'm president of our local recreational aircraft association chapter.

Reply to
clare

Along these same lines (but probably not as specialized as the above) the FAA has a bunch of free publications generally related to methods techniques, materials & practices... lots of great material buried in here. Most (if not all) in pdf format.

Far as advisory circulars (ACs) go, I suspect the most interest here might be in parts 43 (AC43.13-2B is a really good one), and part 65 (AC65-12A & AC65-15A in particular), but be sure to look through them all!

I've been having issues 'deep linking' to pages on the FAA's site... if you have issues, go to:

And do searches on both 'aircraft handbooks & manuals' and 'advisory circulars', both sans quotes.

Also, NASA has some great stuff as well. This one on wiring, soldering, crimping, cable lacing and related is excellent!

NASA has much more, but I don't know where it all is off the top of my head... shouldn't be hard to find by wading through their site for a while.

Take advantage of this material... you've already paid handsomely for it!

Erik

Reply to
Erik

If you give me an offer I like..Ill ship em book rate. If you dont like em..you ship em back. We are both out bookrate one way.

You will have a week to pay for them after you receive them, or send them back. But I do expect an offer before sending them. I like you..but I dont know you.

Id suggest you review the titles and the prices of the books as found on the internet before making me an offer.

Id be more than happy to post an entire listing of the ILT books that I have and provide some clear photographs. They are Mint++

My technical bookcase is 8' tall..and 8' wide ..and its overflowing with books I have little or no need for.

Such as "Injection Moulding Handbook: Rusred"...and the World of Model Trains, Guy R. Williams...and just about everything in between...."How To Restore Your Collector Car, Brownell" or Clymers Ford Mustang and Mercury Capri 1979-1987"...also mint+

Some of my books Id probably sell in other venues...such as the Steam Fitters Book, 1872. Shrug

Some..are very collectable or rare. Others...simply reference books.

Such as a very small, paperback sized hard cover "They Oxy-Acetylene Welders Handbook, Craftsman Tools, 4th Edition (1948)...mint +

Or The Fundementals of Dimensional Metrology, Bush Wilkie Brothers Foundation, Second Edition (my second copy) Mint++ soft bound

Some you can download...like the above Fundimentals

Others..shrug

Surveying, Davis and Foot, Third Edition, 1940 edition, Excellent +

Everybit as good a copy....shrug.

RS232 Made Easy, Second Edition, Martin D. Seyer, Mint+

Millwaukee Milling Machines, Repair Parts Book Model 1h &2HL Swivel Head Vertical Mil, Very Good condition+

Lots and lots of books . Ive been yard saleing, hitting swap meets and 2nd hand stores for years and finding a book here and there. Ive bought collections, sold some, kept some..the usual. Some of my clients have cleaned out their libraries and I wound up with them. etc etc. Not a lot of call for Turret Lathe books anymore..except for the hobby guy or someone who wants to fill a book shelf....shrug.

Ive got 2 mint copies (with dust covers)...of the "Colt, an American Legend, RL Wilson". I only need one.

I had 2 mint and one excellent copy of Ed McGivern's Fast and Fancy Revolver Shooting" and traded the 2 mint 1st editions for a sporterized Norwegian Krag -Jorgenson in 6.5 Swede , a few years ago. We both got a good deal. Shrug.

Hell..I picked up a copy of Clymers "Imported Car Carberators" at an estate sale a couple months ago. Cover is rough, rest of the book is in Very good condition, has notes stuck in various pages from the previous owner (dead 25 yrs)..bought it from the widows estate.

Excellent condition on Ebay..$112. Id take best offer over $20 for it because of the cover.

I see Jon Anderson has a copy for sale as well....

"Floyd Clymer's Handbook of Imported Car Carburetors & Fuel Injection,, not sure of publication date. Covers Solex, SU, Weber carbs, specific info for Alfa Romeo; Austin Mini; Austin Healey; Austin Healey Sprite; Datsun; Fiat 600, 1100D & 1500 Roadster, Ford Consul and Cortina, Jauar 2.4, 120-140-150-MK VII, MK IX, XKE, MK10; Mercedes 300SL, 220-300 SE, 230-300 SE; MGA-MGB; M.G. Midget, 1100 Sedan; Porsche; Renault, all models; Saab; Sunbeam Alpine - Rapeir, Tiger V8; Toyota, Triumph TR2, TR3, TR4; VW 1200, 1300, 1500, 1600; Volvo, all models. $10 for all this rare and priceless info that probably few people need...."

Anyone need a complete set of Hardinge Factory Manuals for Hardinge CHNC II? Got a set in decent shape. Good set of manuals for a swap or cash.. That would be $200-500 on ebay. Swap for??

Hanwa SL125 (Oi) Users Manual (CNC)

Lots of books...lots of stuff I really have no need for. Some cheap, some reasonable. A few...pricey.

Cash is king, swap and trade come in a very close second place.

If there is no interest..maybe Ill get the roommate to do a listing of all my tech books and start selling them on Ebay or someplace. Got way way too many Im never going to ever use. And Ive got another couple thousand still in boxes Ive not even looked at in 5 yrs or more.

I only have NRA Firearms Assembly 3 &4. Id like to have the full set, as a single example of swapping books for books or other Stuff.

Gunner

One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not agree that "violence begets violence." I told him that it is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure

- and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.

- Jeff Cooper

Reply to
Gunner

They can teach you the techniques. But not the plane itself.

Gunner

One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not agree that "violence begets violence." I told him that it is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure

- and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.

- Jeff Cooper

Reply to
Gunner

How much are they worth..and how much are they worth to you?

Anybody have an idea?

I can perhaps make you a better deal than somone else for your organization. But with the US economy in the toilet..it cant be free.

Lets see...

Airplane Drafting # N567 Stress Analysis for airplane design -1 #621 Stress Analysis for airplane design-2 #622 Aviation Engines 1 # 353C Aviation Engines-II #354E Aviation Engines-III #355C Geometry and Logarithms #318B Geometric Drawing #163E Chemistry and Materials of Construction #211C Aircraft Woodwork-Protective Coatings #607 Developments and Laying-out Problems #464B Aerodynamics and Flight #594B Elementary Mechanics #215B Elements of Mechanics #348B Kinematics-Pneumatics #326E Plane Trigonometry #319C The Slide Rule #N255 Elements of Algebra #291B Airplanes and Elementary Engineering #566C Combustion Engines Fuels and Heat #349D Aircraft Metalwork #606

These as Ive stated..are Mint. No bullshit. 7 days inspection allowed Seriously.

I may..may have some other manuals, info sheets and whatnot from various aircraft/models/ manufactures as well, but they are out in sealed storage and it will be a week to find them if I spent 8 hours a day looking. As I start clearing some of those containers and boxes...Ill post them here first.

Which reminds me...rummaging through a drawer....

SanTech E-6B Computer

FDF-57B/60B Dead Reckoning Computer

As new. Still in the blue padded holder with the original factory manual. And I mean NOS. Its pristine. The manual has some misfolded pages..but it looks very very good. And of course..its one of the aluminum ones. No wear anywhere. Zip.

it was the unused spare of a gentleman who passed away some years back WW 2 B-17 pilot turned oilfield executive who flew his Beech 24 regularly all over north america until just before his death some

10-15 or so years ago.

Worth $30 to anyone? Do I have a starting bid? Do I hear $20?

I dont have much else aircraft related. It has not a very big interest of mine..way above my paygrade...so I never bothered much with books and whatnot. Only picked up stuff I could use. The 20 odd airplane related books came as part of an estate sale and the flight computer as part of another estate sale. I bought a lot of books and tools from those 2 sales.

Gunner

One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not agree that "violence begets violence." I told him that it is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure

- and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.

- Jeff Cooper

Reply to
Gunner

Say..thanks!!

Im thinning the herd a bit..but finding books in electronic format store really well. Much obliged!

Gunner One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not agree that "violence begets violence." I told him that it is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure

- and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.

- Jeff Cooper

Reply to
Gunner

Gunner on Thu, 23 Aug 2012 22:01:43 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

You got anything on GD&T? (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance) It explains all the weird little symbols on "modern" blueprints, which if followed, give you good parts.

Friend of mine drew up a part with them, and while it looks like it can't be made - everything was "in spec." He has a talent ... I'm not sure what it is, but he's got a talent.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Ill check, but isnt that something easy to find on Google?

One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not agree that "violence begets violence." I told him that it is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure

- and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.

- Jeff Cooper

Reply to
Gunner

I happened to have that link to the China Clipper painting open after sending it to someone else as an example of how quickly elegant flying boats developed from this engineering prototype:

Builder Igor Sikorsky and pilot Charles Lindbergh sketched out this redesign during its long maiden flight:
jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Butt fugly.

Schweeeet! What a difference a day makes...

-- "Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Lindbergh had an eye for airplanes. Other than having the huge gas tank at the center of gravity where the pilot usually sits, the 1927 Spirit of St Louis looks like the Cessnas flying around today rather than a 1920's biplane.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Take a look at this:

Be sure to look through all the references & external links at the end.

Erik

Reply to
Erik

The bigger question is what will it cost to get them to Waterloo Ontario???

Can you email me pictures of a representative few?

Reply to
clare
[ ... ]

I've just sent you an e-mail, but sometimes e-mails from here seem to not make it to you, so I'm duplicating here. Beware that the e-mail address is spamproofed -- see my .sig for how to fix it. :-)

Thanks, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols
[ ... ]

Well ... the e-mail to you just bounced. Good th ====================================================================== Hi. This is the qmail-send program at katana.d-and-d.com. I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses. This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

: 209.86.93.122 does not like recipient. Remote host said: 550 gunner*******@lightspeed.net...User account is unavailable Giving up on 209.86.93.122. ======================================================================

I've added the "*****" where your spamproofing was, but it was removed when I sent.

Looks as though you will have to send to me from a current account, and that your headers show an old e-mail account.

Remember to remove the spam-proofing from my e-mail address (instructions in my .sig below).

Thanks, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols