Any interestt in aircraft techniques books?

Erik on Fri, 24 Aug 2012 11:02:18 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Thank you.

Brain fart "Why didn't I think of that?"

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Gunner on Fri, 24 Aug 2012 04:03:38 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Probably, but

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Does book rate apply to mail going to Canada? I think its $3 for just about any quantify of books. Can anyone clear this up?

Sure! Ill do that later tonight.

Gunner

One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not agree that "violence begets violence." I told him that it is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure

- and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.

- Jeff Cooper

Reply to
Gunner

Yeah, 'cept for the bigass gas tank in front of the pilot's eyes. I prefer the newer biplanes with better visibility, thanks. ;) I wish I'd been smart and gone after airplane mechanics instead of auto. I'd have my pilot's license and probably a plane now, not to mention a real bank account (with commas and everything!)

-- "Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

Reply to
Larry Jaques

whoops...Ive not run this computer for at least 8 yrs...looks like I didnt correct my email address in the header info

sorry. gunnerasch At gmail.com for most serious stuff gunnerasch AT hotmail.com for most fun stuff

Sorry again

Ive just corrected it in my headers.

Gunner,

this is a windows machine not a linux machine. The other one..is toast.

One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not agree that "violence begets violence." I told him that it is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure

- and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.

- Jeff Cooper

Reply to
Gunner

Thanks for the update. I have the 60's manual and this is a better and much more complete manual. I have most of the skills, just need to stick to them. Spent a summer working on SkyLab. A long time ago.

Mart> >

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

No. Media Mail is US only. Maxes out at about 30 bucks for 70 pounds (postal service won't carry anything over 70 pounds except as express which is big bucks).

Cheapest way to send books international is usually a flat rate box--40 bucks to Canada for up to 20 pounds.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Damn thats expensive!! Anyone coming to the States anytime soon?

Gunner

One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not agree that "violence begets violence." I told him that it is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure

- and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.

- Jeff Cooper

Reply to
Gunner

Gunner on Sat, 25 Aug 2012 06:35:09 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Or Canada?

Hmmm, booze is two thirds the price in CA than in WA. If I stock up, I can save enough to afford the gas and then some, and the trip pays for itself. Hmm, still need the price of gas to go down to make this work better. From here to Taft CA and then to Taft BC [another place settled by the Wherethefugawi], and back is 2900 miles, - $485 dollars for gas, at 20 bucks a bottle is 24.5 bottles - two cases and a bottle, make it three cases to show a profit - er allow for side trips and Poste Canada. But that is just my savings. If I'm taking orders ... half the savings to make my markup less than Washington's - six cases. Hmmm, now all I need is the initial funding. 490 for gas, plus the 50 bottles run another 1000 ... less the fan belt, oil change and replacing the shocks. Dang it, "I can't afford to be cost effective."

Reply to
pyotr filipivich