Any interestt in aircraft techniques books?

No. Media Mail is US only. Maxes out at about 30 bucks for 70 pounds (postal service won't carry anything over 70 pounds except as express which is big bucks).
Cheapest way to send books international is usually a flat rate box--40 bucks to Canada for up to 20 pounds.

On Sat, 25 Aug 2012 07:41:08 -0400, "J. Clarke"

Damn thats expensive!! Anyone coming to the States anytime soon?
Gunner
One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not agree that "violence begets violence." I told him that it is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure - and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.
- Jeff Cooper

    Or Canada?
    Hmmm, booze is two thirds the price in CA than in WA. If I stock up, I can save enough to afford the gas and then some, and the trip pays for itself. Hmm, still need the price of gas to go down to make this work better. From here to Taft CA and then to Taft BC [another place settled by the Wherethefugawi], and back is 2900 miles, - $485 dollars for gas, at 20 bucks a bottle is 24.5 bottles - two cases and a bottle, make it three cases to show a profit - er allow for side trips and Poste Canada. But that is just my savings. If I'm taking orders ... half the savings to make my markup less than Washington's - six cases. Hmmm, now all I need is the initial funding.     490 for gas, plus the 50 bottles run another 1000 ... less the fan belt, oil change and replacing the shocks.     Dang it, "I can't afford to be cost effective."
--
pyotr
On 2012-08-24, Gunner <Gunner> wrote:
    [ ... ]

    I've just sent you an e-mail, but sometimes e-mails from here seem to not make it to you, so I'm duplicating here. Beware that the e-mail address is spamproofed -- see my .sig for how to fix it. :-)
    Thanks,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
On 2012-08-24, Gunner <Gunner> wrote:
    [ ... ]

    Well ... the e-mail to you just bounced. Good thing that I posted here too.
    It said:
=====================================================================Hi. This is the qmail-send program at katana.d-and-d.com. I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses. This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.
209.86.93.122 does not like recipient. Remote host said: 550 gunner*******@lightspeed.net...User account is unavailable Giving up on 209.86.93.122. ====================================================================    I've added the "*****" where your spamproofing was, but it was removed when I sent.
    Looks as though you will have to send to me from a current account, and that your headers show an old e-mail account.
    Remember to remove the spam-proofing from my e-mail address (instructions in my .sig below).
    Thanks,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail

whoops...Ive not run this computer for at least 8 yrs...looks like I didnt correct my email address in the header info
sorry. gunnerasch At gmail.com for most serious stuff gunnerasch AT hotmail.com for most fun stuff
Sorry again
Ive just corrected it in my headers.
Gunner,
this is a windows machine not a linux machine. The other one..is toast.
One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not agree that "violence begets violence." I told him that it is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure - and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.
- Jeff Cooper
Gunner <Gunner Asch> wrote:

Along these same lines (but probably not as specialized as the above) the FAA has a bunch of free publications generally related to methods techniques, materials & practices... lots of great material buried in here. Most (if not all) in pdf format.
http://www.faa.gov/regulations_policies/handbooks_manuals/aircraft /
http://www.faa.gov/regulations_policies/advisory_circulars /
Far as advisory circulars (ACs) go, I suspect the most interest here might be in parts 43 (AC43.13-2B is a really good one), and part 65 (AC65-12A & AC65-15A in particular), but be sure to look through them all!
I've been having issues 'deep linking' to pages on the FAA's site... if you have issues, go to:
http://www.faa.gov /
And do searches on both 'aircraft handbooks & manuals' and 'advisory circulars', both sans quotes.
Also, NASA has some great stuff as well. This one on wiring, soldering, crimping, cable lacing and related is excellent!
http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/codeq/doctree/87394.pdf
NASA has much more, but I don't know where it all is off the top of my head... shouldn't be hard to find by wading through their site for a while.
Take advantage of this material... you've already paid handsomely for it!
Erik

Say..thanks!!
Im thinning the herd a bit..but finding books in electronic format store really well. Much obliged!
Gunner One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not agree that "violence begets violence." I told him that it is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure - and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.
- Jeff Cooper
Thanks for the update. I have the 60's manual and this is a better and much more complete manual. I have most of the skills, just need to stick to them. Spent a summer working on SkyLab. A long time ago.
Martin